• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for Bios settings from every1 with the AK31 v3.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
Hoping to get collaboration to make a Bios guide for this board. I don't know much about most of the settings. Memory covered. Everything else? Please, post your bios settings and maybe some explanation of specific settings. If every1 will just do a little bit, and pick up where other ppl left off, we should get a pretty complete picture of the AK31 v3.1 Bios.

RAM SETTINGS:
Current FSB Freq (266 Mhz)---
Current Dram Freq. (266 Mhz)---
Dram Clock (Host Clock)---
Dram Timing (Manual)---
SDRAM CYCLE Length ((2)---
Bank Interleave (4 Way)---
Precharge To Active (trp) (2)---
Active to Precharge (tras) (5)---
Active To CMD (trcd) (2)---
DRAM Quene Depth (4 level)---
DRAM Command Rate (2T)
DDR Voltage (2.7v)
Memory Hole 15-16MB (enabled)

Aside from those, I disable the video bios shadowing and that's about it except for CPU parameters. I have the memory hole option enabled because I get crackling with my SB Live Value card.

OKie!

SB

bios stuff

thnx sickboy

My memory settings are the same except my DDR voltage is set to 2.6v.

Know about agp aperture and driving values? Have 256MB ram and set the agp aperture to 128. I heard to set it at half the amount of your ram, but that you could also set it to the same value as ram? Don't really know much about bios stuff, so I'm looking for advice...

RAM SETTINGS:
Dram Timing (Manual)---
Active to Precharge (tras) (5)---
DRAM Command Rate (1T)
DDR Voltage (2.6)
Memory Hole 15-16MB (disabled)

General rule of thumb on AGP Aperture is 1/2 physical RAM. But it's not critical - you can play around with the setting and see what gets you better performance, sometimes weird things happen with some combinations of video cards, OS'es and BIOS settings.

SB

RAM SETTINGS:
Dram Timing (Manual)---
Active to Precharge (tras) (6)---
DRAM Command Rate (1T)
DDR Voltage (2.7)
Memory Hole 15-16MB (disabled)

AGP Aperture (256MB)

I got Kingmax 256Mb Ram. It gives me 100 more 3Dmark when I go at 256MB AGP Aperture than 128MB AGP Aperture.

Hope this helps.

btw, my system is still running at 1743Mhz. Does anyone know if this has the pr of 2000+ or 2100+ or 2200+?

Get sandra and try it ,you can get it from download.com,also when you do,let me know,I am curious of the PR myself ;)

wildone

Back