• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No fan mount/retention bracket

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Devil_Spawn

Registered
hi
im having a bit of trouble with my new processor
basically, my old processor used a non-standard fan mount, so i was not suplied with the standard one.
my new processor runs a bit hot on the old fan, andi need a new one. i have a new fan which came with the processor, but i do not have the right connector on the motherboard.
i have contacted the manager of the motherboard ( ECS ), with no reply, and have not found a suitable place on amd's site to ask.

where do u guys reckon i might be able to get one? or do any of you have a dead socket 754/939 motherboard for sale?

thx for the help

i have an nforce3-a motherboard (socket 754)
currently i have an unbranded cooler that came with the 2800, it connects to the motherboard using 2 screws from a faceplate underneath.
the one i have space is an amd branded one which has 2 single clips and a black plastic thing on one of them

under load the temperature hits 60 atleast, which is far higher than i would like it to be

edit: btw, the amd heatsink is clearly better

Back