• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is nTune Worth Installing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Just wondering about this program now that I installed the latest drivers to my 6600GT the temp monitor can only be used with nTune installed. I had it installed and it's fine tune bit put me off would take 3hrs to tune it to find my systems peak performance. But I have had to send back 1 of my GEIL 1GB strips as it was rebooting my PC and the website I got it from have yet to get more in stock to send me one back.

I don't want to tune it up with just 1GB installed rather have the 2GB may cut down tune time. But is it worth it and the hassle for it to tune my system everything is running stock GPU and CPU are not overclocked.

I don't use Ntune. I'm surprised the 6600GT has a temp probe.:confused: Doesn't the latest Nvidia drivers read the temp probe from the video card itself?

The 162 drivers have had the temp part removed you have to have the ntune software installed now as according to the info when during the drivers.

I'll leave the nTune thing.

dont use ntune to 'tune' your system, its a joke

do it your own way, ntune is only good for temp monitoring...i would get rid of it and use rivatuner

You can also use ATItool for nvidia cards. I use it on mine to find the max clocks and it does a great job. I use rivatuner afterwards to set those max clocks.

I would think since the latest drivers (162's) had that temp reading thingy removed, and his video card is a 6600GT, he would use an older version that is better suited for his video card and has that temp reading.

I'm using the 94.24's with zero issues and I can read my temps on my 7900GTX

Back