• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vcore bouncing around ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jb3231

While testing using Prime 95 I'm watching my Vcore on CPUz bounce from 1.49 to 1.52 back and forth. The Guru is set to 1.58 in the mobo. Why the big difference and why is it moving around? Is this Vdroop?

I think this is the root of my instability.

Help

Right when it locks up the CPU-Z Vcore goes to 2.39. I don't know if it means anything. I'm only trying to get stable at 360X9. It's taking a ton of voltage and I'm still very unstable. Prime 95 never takes any errors, just locks up.

Do any of these chips have to break in?

I might sound like a strange question but I'm sitting here stress testing running dual prime 95 and up to 390X9 at 1.49V core. I'm slowly pushing it up and testing. When I first installed it I couldn't get stable at 360X9 no matter what voltage.

What version of CPUz are you using? As far as I can tell, the newest version is reading voltages correctly.

It just moves around alot. Does anyone else see this on there's? Watch it for a few seconds and let me know.

Why does everyone hate my powersupply? Is Raidmax really that bad?

Back