• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI Slots no longer working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tw00sh

I turned my PC on this morning and the Sound Card (X-FI) is no longer found. I tried my old AUdigy card and windows does not recognise it either.

Could I have blow the PCI chip or something? None of the PCI cards I put in are recognised.

Is there a way to check to see if my PCI bus is hosed?

Did you raise PCI-E,PCI...freq too high ?..set them at default speed will help.

Everything is at normal and its still not working. Starting to think something is hosed on my MB.

I run two soundcards and a PCI SCSI controller on the PCI bus. I had to play musical chairs with the slots before I could get all three working at the same time. Are there any other PCI devices that might be conflicting?

I've heard of this problem on another forum. I'd try to put everything back to stock, switch around the pci slots, take out other cards, and play with the SB and NB voltages watching the temps. If it all fails, than take the card and test it in a friend's computer.

Back