• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

graphic card problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrCool

hi i've got a problem with my graphic card. sometimes when i turn my computer on the fan on the graphic card doesnt spin thus the graphic card gets heated up. this happens randomly, meaning sometimes its fine and sometimes it does not turn on.

im wondering if anybody has an answer to this? the graphic card is a asus 8600 gts and about a weeks old.

any help is much appreciated!

hi i've got a problem with my graphic card. sometimes when i turn my computer on the fan on the graphic card doesnt spin thus the graphic card gets heated up. this happens randomly, meaning sometimes its fine and sometimes it does not turn on.

im wondering if anybody has an answer to this? the graphic card is a asus 8600 gts and about a weeks old.

any help is much appreciated!

I think the fan is broken.You should get a new HS for your video card.

Since the card is only a week old, then RMA it to whomever you purchased it from, or directly to the manufacturer of the card.

hey thanks for your comments i will look into it, currently i have another issue as well. i get BSOD the first time i start my comp, after that the computer resets and starts up fine.

this is the msg i get 0x00000050. ok so i googled it and it appears to be related to graphic drivers. tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphic card drivers (downloaded the latest drivers from asus website) and still the problem exist.

could it be the operating system im running? im running windows xp with service pack 2 install. oh yeh and when i installed the graphic card drivers it said something about not passing windows logo test????

Last edited:
Back