• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Boot XP Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Teh Governator

Registered
Hey I guys I have a dual-boot XP / Vista Ultimate rig I just built. Eveything was just fine yesterday when I was using it. Then, this morning, XP will not load. I only see the desktop background but no icons or taskbar or anything. Vista loads just fine. I kept messing with it by restarting it a few times today and it eventually worked. When I went to turn it on again, same problem.

I installed LogMeIn Hamachi last night and that was about it. Haven't changed anything. What could be the problem?

Well, that may be an issue.

Can you start XP in safe mode?

EDIT: Try this, when it doesn't load the background/icons do a ctrl+alt+delete. Kill explorer.exe, go to "File" then "New Task", type in explorer.exe and press enter. See if anything comes up.

Well, that may be an issue.

EDIT: Try this, when it doesn't load the background/icons do a ctrl+alt+delete. Kill explorer.exe, go to "File" then "New Task", type in explorer.exe and press enter. See if anything comes up.

THAT WORKED !!!! You just brightened up my day. Thank you so very much!

Back