• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random part

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imposter

Hey all,
our vacuum cleaner broke and my dad an i opened up it up. we did some continuity testing and we saw that this overload heat protection fuse brunt out. Any one know where i can find a replacement? we don't feel like spending a 100 bucks on a part that may cost 2-3 dollars. =)

Excuse me if i don't know the correct terminology. but that is what my dad said it is called and hes not really sure. Ill give a picture up as soon as my brother gives me the camera battery.

It says 15A 125V 375 on it.

thanks alot !!
imp

edit 1: its a small little tube maybe 1 and 1/2 long 1/4 in wide. it has awire and coil it in it. my dad said that supposedly this is ment so if there is a overload and the vacuum cleaner gets to hot this is suppose to kick in and cut the shut off the vacuum cleaner.

You could just connect the two ends with a wire. That would work but not %100 safe. I am not sure where you can buy fuses... Was thinking an auto shop but they would only have 12V fuses I think. You should only spend a few cents on this one, good luck and try a hardware store.

It just sounds like a regular fuse that you can get for like...a dollar ;)

And I don't know if it is temperature protection, it sounds like over amperage protection.

well if you got to many amps its gonna create heat eH? but yea i think its amperage. omg thideras 1 more Post until 4k!

well if you got to many amps its gonna create heat eH?
Heat will blow a fuse, but I think the glass would break first. It is possible the motor just temporarily pulled too much, not sure until I see the pic ;)

EDIT: WHOO, white stars :bday:

i forgot to update this post, but as soon as we installed the replacement part, the thing decided to release the magic smoke... =( *Cries*

i forgot to update this post, but as soon as we installed the replacement part, the thing decided to release the magic smoke... =( *Cries*
o_O

You can't let out the magic smoke! That is what makes it work!!! :cry:

Back