• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another noob question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Godfather1138

I just got my E6600 up and folding, but I would like to run PCMark, and 3DMark on the rig to see what it scores. My question is...how can I safely stop the client while I'm running this, or for games in the future. I searched, but couldn't find my answer.

Thanks

Any text only client running on the desktop should be stopped with ctrl-c.

This includes standard (single core) clients v5.04, v5.02 and earlier, as well as all the SMP clients and the GPU client.

If you are running any of them as a windows service, you need to use windows services manager to stop them manually(they will be stopped automatically with windows shutdown). There are bat files/shortcuts you can create to do this easily if you need to do it often (example in the welcome sticky for starting/stopping wedo's 1-click install, or shortcut to services.msc, etc)

You can probably find this in the fah wiki http://fahwiki.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

The wiki is also linked from the top of every page at fc.org ie. http://forum.folding-community.org

If you run a gui client (not recommended) it has it own gui controls to start, stop etc.

Last edited:
I am running it as a service, but the FAH service only gives me the option to start it even thought it is already running.

CTRL-C stopped it proper. Sorry for wasting the space here, and thanks for the help....again.

I am running it as a service, but the FAH service only gives me the option to start it even thought it is already running.

CTRL-C stopped it proper. Sorry for wasting the space here, and thanks for the help....again.

you can't stop a service with ctrl-c since there is no window to give focus to to send the ctrl-c to.

The fah config option only sets it up to run as a service.

Back