• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vision Top??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tebore

I have a S7-MVP3 model Vision Top MOBO. I tried to take my k6-2 to 600mhz but i think the BIOS is holding me back. I need experiences, information and a BIOS flash for this board. I think i have taken this board to the edge. Thanks in advance.

Man this is a tough one! I've been searching for about 1/2 an hour now and the vendor trace is a mystery. Your board has been made by the following manufacturers: VisionTop, Xcesstech, and even a mention of Elitegroup. Only the last of the 3 is still in business but has no updates for your model.

Let's give this a shot. Download BIOS Wizard. Slap it in a folder on your desktop or wherever and hit run at the top left corner.

One the test is finished, print the results or copy down the BIOS manufacturer info and the BIOS ID string. It will look like this:

BIOS Manufacturer:
Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

BIOS ID:
11/07/2001-8363-686B-6A6LMA19C-64

Post that info back here or try to search for BIOS' for the manufacturer (might not be Award). We'll see what we can find!
:D

Ok my Bios is an AWARD BIOS V4.51 with Pnp extention v1.0.
BIOS ID:
04/24/1998-VP3-586B-ICW8-2A5LEV5BC-00
Didn't find anything on it here.
Some unlisted jumper settings would also help.

Before I give you this link I want to make this clear. Senior member or not, I nor OC.com can be held responsible if you download the files from the attached page and flash your BIOS wrong.

This link appears to be a geocites website in Tokyo but pertains specifically to the VisionTop S7-MVP3 and has BIOS files.

Please look over the board layout diagram, jumpers, etc to be sure this is your board.

Best of Luck!

P.S. If you fry your BIOS...Go see the folks over at Unicore

Last edited:
Thank you very much. the diagram matches everything on my board exactly. after weighting everything i don't think i should risk the BIOS since Vision top is no longer is business. I really needed the 2.4v jumper setting tho. Maybe now i can boot at 600mhz.

Back