• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6420@8x400 Default voltage's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

Got a nice suprize last night .I was messing around with my system and i set the FSB to 400 with no voltage increases and i disabled CE1 and those other functions in the bios.I set my OCZ DDR2 1066 to DDR2 800 @ 4-4-4-10 and left the voltages at default which ITE shows as 1.9v.And im now running @ 3.2ghz with all default voltage's.I wonder why i couldnt do this a few weeks ago?Maybe its the watercooling system.But anyway im happy as hell with my OC now
.Anyonne else running at default voltage's with a nice OC?

Help
------------
I need a few links to places that sell things like plugs.Example.I have two 1/2 holes i cut in my case.I wanna plug them up but i dont wanna have to patch them.I wanna be able to pull the plugs out and use them again later.Also i need to find something i can use to make these holes smooth so metal doesnt cut my tubbing.Any ideas for this?

Last edited:
Keep pushing it, it might just be mine, but the 6420's have quite a bit of potential.

Running mine at 3.4 right now with 1.47VCore

You could go plenty further on water. ;)

Ive pushed this chip to 3.8ghz with 1.5v.Its a sweet chip and it keeps getting faster..lol.I cant wait to get a P35 board to see if i can break 4.0ghz with a new board and my new watercooling setup.I hit that 3.8ghz with my Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=212196

I also have a E6400 that i have yet to test out,.Its running in my Asrock 775 Dual Vsta mobo at 2.3ghz.

Awesome man! I was planning on getting an e6420 before I decided to take the long haul and wait 6 months for retailedge's q6600. Glad to see I didn't initially pick wrong :)

Well its running 426x8 and ddr2 850 @4-4-4-10 and they are all still at default voltages in the Bios.
check it out.I dont know why CPUZ is showing the FSB at 424.Because its at 436 in my bios

Rattle why dont you make your sig yelllow or something.I can hardly see the red

deaultocbm0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Well i guess im getting old because my Acer X192W has the best image quality in the world...hehe.Seriously though i can see your sig but i have to squint to read it

WOW thats an awesome OC dude!!! keep pushing it!!!

on another note....i can see Rattles sig fine lol.

WOW thats an awesome OC dude!!! keep pushing it!!!

on another note....i can see Rattles sig fine lol.

Hmm maybe i need to turn down the brightness..And Thanks

Dunno i can see it very clearly...

anyway is that orthos stable ?

i tested it and no it wasnt orthos or OCCT stable but it is at 400x8.But after bumped the voltage up .25 it was .Still not bad 425x8 @ 1.37v

Back