• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to buy an 8880 GTX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andyl33t

About to buy an 8800 GTX

Hi guys, i'm just about to take the pludge and get an 8800 GTX to replace my 7800 GTX. Was just quickly wondering if I should get the BFG OC edition or the XFX brand of card. Theres £12 (~$24) difference between the two, with the BFG card being cheaper.

Last edited:
personal preference to BFG but if you can evga.

Also perhaps wait till the 12th of november see what all this 9 series nonsense is about?

Whoops :bang head i was ment to write $24. Also the eVGA one is more expensive, is it worth it?

Last edited:
eVGA.

And in 10 years, your card will become a useless paperweight. Either way, its still the best warranty, plus greatest customer support. Thus its worth the extra $30.

And stop talking about the 9 series card, there is no such thing, and wont be for a while.

Also perhaps wait till the 12th of november see what all this 9 series nonsense is about?
LoL nVidia denyed that date. I doubt that we are going to see 9 series cards for a while. What is nVidia's motivation. They are selling GTX's for 500+ like hot cakes and ATi is no threat now. If they did have something better they are going to set on it. Only reason they will come out with a new card is to make it cheaper to make thus increasing profit. They have already done 2 refreshes 8800 GTS 320 and 8800 Ultra. I doubt you see too much more. They will be back in R&D mode with all the cash they are bringing in with G80.

BTW congrats on the GTX you will love it I know I do.

Back