• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclock 8800gts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

didymus

Registered
hi,

anyone here overclock their 8800gts? whats ur recommended value? 650/900 or something higher??

650 is kind of high for an 8800GTS... Just keep an eye on your temps. 630 is about average and you should be able to get 1000mhz out of the memory.

ok... 650/1000 cool? does it really make a significant difference if i O/c?

I'm currently gaming stable at GPU:729 / Shader:1674 / RAM:1080 (DDR2160).

But I guess there's nothing "stock" on the card anymore...
vGPU and vRAM modded, IHS removed and GPU watercooled.

:p

You should be fine up to 650/1050. Watch your temps tho. Coz mine, if I oc my memory >1050 it'll be a show of artifacts all over the place, just like new years eve :beer:

thanks for your replies... am currently on 650/1000. well.. one question... do u guys o/c ur GPU for 24/7 or just tune it high when playing games?

You should set the 3D performance clocks to the overclocked value and leave 2D and 3D low power at stock.
That way, if your OC fails it will automatically know what to fall back to as well as saving energy when you're not gaming.
nTune only sets your 3D clocks. Only change the 3D performance clock when using ATITool or RivaTuner.

I'm currently gaming stable at GPU:729 / Shader:1674 / RAM:1080 (DDR2160).

But I guess there's nothing "stock" on the card anymore...
vGPU and vRAM modded, IHS removed and GPU watercooled.

:p

729??? i can only get mine to 621/945 (1890) before i start to see artifacts in atitool :bang head :bang head

Just 729? Heh, got 756 ROP/1161 MEM at gaming stable one mine (water + vMEM penile mod, IHS and Vcore are stock). Only issue is that the heat output of the thing is too high at those clocks and makes it uncomfortable to be in the room with the computer, so it's 24/7 clocks are just 729/1044.

On over clocking it, just push it untill it artifacts or hard locks, then bring it down a step or two. Then stability test it with ATI tool for 12 hours and if you dont get any artifacts or the card melting, you are good to go.

Back