• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

So it seems there have been many updates for my BIOS since I last flashed it, can I just use the latest one to get all the updates?

Cool thanks, I can't believe that it didnt dawn on me till now to update my BIOS duh! :bang head

One more question... Can I use a flash drive in place of a floppy disk? I have an Asus P5B Deluxe mobo that uses the EZ Flash utility.

Last edited:
You can, but I don't recommend it. I prefer to use the tried and true method of a good ole floppy and a command prompt. If you must use a USB flash drive, you have to make it bootable. Just go to http://www.bootdisk.com and download a Windows XP Bootup disk. Make a floppy and then just copy those files onto your flash drive. In your BIOS, make sure you have the first boot device set to other or USB drive- not familiar with the P5B BIOS. You might also have to tell the BIOS to treat the USB stick as a HD. If you have to do that, make sure that your USB stick is the first device in your Hard Drive Boot Priority. Like I said, I prefer just a simple MS-DOS floppy :D

Unfortunately I don't have a floppy drive as I never use one...

It seems to me when I first got my mobo I had to flash the BIOS to support my memory and I used a flash drive (I remember it was real easy) I will see when I get home, thanks Dave!

Back