• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ngotrain

Looking for a good gaming router with wireless option to use. Linksys WRT54GS is the router I am currently using.I have 4 computers connected via the 4 ports available and 1 Laptop that uses the wireless. The router is only a month or so old and have issues when under load it starts to drop signal. Remedy is to reboot and it works again for a few hours. Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance.

Dose it have acess to fresh air? On mine I added an old video card HS (like 90s old) to the hottest chip on it because it is in my desk where it can not get much air. You can also blow a fan on it. I would try flashing it, keeping it cool and then taking a look inside to see if anything is damaged (burned black, leaky caps)

I'd say update the bios on the WRT54G. If it's a version 2.0-4.0 router you can run DDWRT or SVEASOFT. Failing that you would need Linksys' official firmware easily found on their website.

Back