• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My experience with dell

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redrumy3

Dont know who to blame this one on but i placed a order on Order 9/21/2007 with nextday shipping for Ear Force HPA2 Surround Sound Headphones with Detachable Microphone, Order Total : $81.81, everything was going well, got shipped out on monday so it would come tuesday, i waited till 6pm for package nothing came, i checked the tracking number said it was delievered... but nothing at my house also on DHL site it shows LDFD which means according to there site ( LD Locally Delivered FD Front Door ) but then on the site i see delievered to and the address is not mine, so now im real mad because i needed these by friday...so i call up dell told them about this and they said they will do a exchange but it will take 8 business days.... awesome 8 days when i needed it by friday =/ they are also calling up dhl and find out what exactly happen to my package.

but yea last time im ordering from dell even though im sure its not there fault but im not using them if they use dhl =/

end rants.

sounds like what fed ex did a few months ago.

i came home from work and found aome packages outside the garage im like ok i didnt order anything it must be my parents. i look at the label its stuff for 2 houses down.

it was an mig welder and some other tool from harbor freight.

probably just some guy that wanted to hurry up and get his route done so he could go home.

yea, well i didnt get nothing though =/ and dell never called back he said he will call back in 10 minutes but its been an hour now =/

i guess ill wait 8 days and see idk but i really need a headset =/

i see your point but ..... at the same time.... i'd never order headphones online... i mean i can go a few blocks down and get a decent headset.... imo headsets arn't taht important... sound is sound..... why wouldn't you just go to the store and get something that compared pretty well to them?

DHL is amazing... NOT! I'm sure it'll work out for you, but that really sucks you gotta wait the extra few days to get this all resolved.

i see your point but ..... at the same time.... i'd never order headphones online... i mean i can go a few blocks down and get a decent headset.... imo headsets arn't taht important... sound is sound..... why wouldn't you just go to the store and get something that compared pretty well to them?

headset is important since i play counter-strike so i need a good pair of headsets and my whole clan uses the hpa2 5.1 and they all said they are amazing, so i bought a pair since my icemat right ear went dead. i would of bought it at the store but the cc by me didnt have it in store only online =/ and dell had them for the cheapest price on the net

ahh...

i still dunno though i play cs also and i usually play with music on lol .... idk it's just me... most people suck *** with music but i'm better with music on lol

well the headset finally is in production estimated to ship out on oct 5, hope it ships out earlier so i can get them soon, sucks when you dont have a headset =/

Got another Dell Horror Story for ya.... But is was the shipping company that saved me!

10/04: Ordered a laptop from them for my girlfriend. It never arrived. I called and was told it was shipped, but there was a problem. Sure enough, Dell didn't bother to put my apartment # on the package. (Although it was present on the order. The credit card won't process without a full address.) They said it would be 'expedited' and at my house the next day. (lie#1)

Called two days later, was told "Oh no. Whoever told you that was wrong. We have to re-process it, and it will be shipped in 1 week. (lie #2)

Called a week later. They said they can't ship it to me since I 'refused delivery'. I would have to pay more to have it shipped. Of course I informed them that I did no such thing, Dell just can't address a package properly. After they realized it was their mistake, they said it would be another several weeks before delivery.

I canceled my order on the spot. First I was told "I can't do that" So I asked for someone who could. Magically, she could do that, and canceled the order. (Lie #3)

They started sending me bills for the laptop I never recieved. Every month, another bill. Every month I called them to inform them I never recieved the product, and had canceled the order. Every time they said it was taken care of. (Four months in a row. Or if you like: 4 lies in a row.) It was incredible. Each person would say the last person just didn't do their job, but it's taken care of now!

They turned me into collections!!!!!!! I filed a Better Business Bureau report, called them, and informed Dell I intended to sue them for damaging my credit with fradulant claims of money owed with no product or service given.

After 7 months from order time, the finance company Dell contracted with came to my rescue. In fact, Dell actually refused to fix the problem according to them. But American Finance, who held the bill, called Dell and stated unless they had ANY evidence that I had EVER recieved a product or service from Dell, they were refusing to collect the debt. Dell again tried the "customer refused delivery" lie, but the tracking information available to Dell clearly stated "No apartment number listed, returned to sender". While the billing information clearly had the full address.

That's 8 bald-faced lies for those of you who are still counting, by several members of Dell staff, each of whom had all the information of exactly what happened at their disposal. Each person who touched my case, which was well over a dozen, had the knowledge that wasn't my fault and that they'd screwed up. Each person had (or stated they had) the ability to fix the problem. Clearly this is a company with serious ethical problems.

Once, after being told by a guy that the shipping information showed it wasn't their fault, I challenged him. I stated I was looking at the shipping information at that moment, and since he was too, tell me what it says. He stated the site was suddenly down, and he couldn't. :eek::bang head

It was easily the most grotesque, bizarre experience with a company I've ever had in my life. I literally couldn't trust a single thing any Dell representative told me, including supervisors. They were just trying (lying) to get me off the phone.

As you are dealing with these folks, remember to get a badge number/name for each person you talk to. The only reason I got this taken care of was I had 6 badge numbers, names, with dates and times I talked with each person, what was said/promised, and absolute proof that what I said was true from the shipping records emailed to me from Dell.

I have never bought anything from Dell since then, nor will I ever again.

Of course, your beef is with the delivery company... but I thought I'd share anyway!

Last edited:
Dont know who to blame this one on but i placed a order on Order 9/21/2007 with nextday shipping for Ear Force HPA2 Surround Sound Headphones with Detachable Microphone, Order Total : $81.81, everything was going well, got shipped out on monday so it would come tuesday, i waited till 6pm for package nothing came, i checked the tracking number said it was delievered... but nothing at my house also on DHL site it shows LDFD which means according to there site ( LD Locally Delivered FD Front Door ) but then on the site i see delievered to and the address is not mine, so now im real mad because i needed these by friday...so i call up dell told them about this and they said they will do a exchange but it will take 8 business days.... awesome 8 days when i needed it by friday =/ they are also calling up dhl and find out what exactly happen to my package.

but yea last time im ordering from dell even though im sure its not there fault but im not using them if they use dhl =/

end rants.

DHL doesn't have a clue. I live in MARQUETTE, MI... they delivered a $340 camera I purchased through dell to some guy in IRON MOUNTAIN, MI. Street names weren't similar, our names defiantly were not similar(John vs Matt)??! How do you mess up THAT bad?!

The only difference between my experience and yours it seems is that Dell sent out another camera that day with next day shipping through UPS. I would call back and demand a replacement, this kind of problem is why shipping companies have insurance-- this is DHL's screw up, let them take care of the problem.

just to let you know, Dell is without a doubt the most LYING, idiotic company I've EVER dealt with.

EVERY SINGLE promised call back was a NO call back... and I'm talking at least a DOZEN. the last time I spoke to Dell was like the 10th time they were gonna call me right back.

They purposely don't call back b/c you may just disappear from bothering them for what you want... and they finally got me... b/c I was just so damn sick of waiting on hold over a dozen times to call them.

I will never EVER shop Dell again unless it's a super slick deal.

I hate them... a lot....

hmm i would of thought maybe they would send it with a different carrier but nope they sent it DHL =/ so hopefully it gets here tomorow and to my door this time and not someone elses...

just to let you know, Dell is without a doubt the most LYING, idiotic company I've EVER dealt with.

EVERY SINGLE promised call back was a NO call back... and I'm talking at least a DOZEN. the last time I spoke to Dell was like the 10th time they were gonna call me right back.

They purposely don't call back b/c you may just disappear from bothering them for what you want... and they finally got me... b/c I was just so damn sick of waiting on hold over a dozen times to call them.

I will never EVER shop Dell again unless it's a super slick deal.

I hate them... a lot....

I didn't even mention all the times they said they'd call me back... the post was already too long! But yeah, GodMan, I concur bigtime. Everyone was sweet as pie, and lying through their teeth through the whole process.

Edit: Good Luck Redrumy3 I hope you get your stuff!

I didn't even mention all the times they said they'd call me back... the post was already too long! But yeah, GodMan, I concur bigtime. Everyone was sweet as pie, and lying through their teeth through the whole process.

Edit: Good Luck Redrumy3 I hope you get your stuff!

thanks :) i will be home from college tomorrow so i will be home this time and waiting :)

finally came this time to my house woot!

yea about time this thing came, so yea never buying from dell unless like godman said its a insane deal

i got the razer surround sound headphone deal from woot like 2 weeks ago and man is 5.1 awesome for headphones!!! you're gonna LOVE IT!!

DELL is topnotch on buying desktops. Especially when you get em at the end of the month or quarter.

I ordered a machine Friday w/ free ground shipping and got it yesterday. Thats Newegg quality.

Speaking of which, my new DELL rep is also telling me that they have a new department that will stock PC parts of popular brands (Western Digital, APC, etc) and WILL BEAT the likes of Newegg prices.

LOL, I have had this happen with DHL as well. So anything comming DHL now I just call their facilty here in town and tell them I am coming to pick it up. Saves a lot of headache. They can find my city but can't find me.

Back