• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultra 120 Extreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chizzer

Just installed using the goop they supplied with heat sink, using 120mm antec tricool fan running on high about 2200rpm or so... 79cfm... according to core temp under stock settings, my temps are 31/31... which wasn't any different then with my stock setup? Should the fan on the heat sink blow air towards it or away from it? It's pretty close to the back 120mm fan so the fan on the hs is blowing air in the hs and the back is sucking it out...

Thanks

I tried everest and according to it I am 16/16 for core 1/core 2 and cpu is 10/11?

you were getting 31C in stock with Core Temps?! Now thats simply amazing... Unless your lying.

Or I completely forgot lol... if I am lying not intentional lol...

I am currently running PRIME with the cpu stress ... I am sitting at 47/47 under full load... according to core temp..> Everest says I am 32/32 and 25 for cpu... evreest seems to be matching to what Bios says at idle temps...

How accurate is bios?

I can buy 47/47 if you are at the stock 3.0 GHz.

So that does seem to be on par good... Now what about the fan... the way my hs is.. it's almost 99% inline with the back 120mm fan so it sucks out.. and the 120mm fan blows through it.... there's maybe 3-4" gap between them if that... Also is using the 3pin any better over using the 4 pin connector or no difference?

I had to remove my 250mm fan that came with the case cause it wouldn't fit due to the hs.. didn't appear to blow/suck very much.. like 35cfm if that...

Just oc'd the system to 3.6ghz running prime and thus far peaking at 55.. This is Core Temp using latest version.

Would the temps be abit beter if I used that As5 stuff? or would that really change temps much... I am using the Thermaltake goop they send with the hs...

Last edited:
Not saying those temps are super dooper or anything but seems more realistic. Under my regular Ultra 120 my E6750 runs @ 51°c running Orthos. This is with my CPU @ 3.6 GHZ on 1.45v. Mine is lapped though and I am running dual YL 120's.

Humm just picked up an Ultra 120 Extreme but after seeing this I may not be impressed. Have to wait and see.

using the wrong core temp version no doubt, download the new one ;-)

If you referring to me using wrong core temp I am using the latest with 100 Tjunction...

I ran Orthos dual prime or whatever the latest is where it test both cpu's without running multiple orthos and I peak at 54C at 3.6ghz on 1.425... wanted to make sure I was stable before trying to drop the vcore abit...

Not saying those temps are super dooper or anything but seems more realistic. Under my regular Ultra 120 my E6750 runs @ 51°c running Orthos. This is with my CPU @ 3.6 GHZ on 1.45v. Mine is lapped though and I am running dual YL 120's.

Humm just picked up an Ultra 120 Extreme but after seeing this I may not be impressed. Have to wait and see.

Not looking for super dooper I just wanted to make sure they are inline... I've read where people used same HS and has high temps due to to much paste etc... soo if I was told yeah that seems 10 degrees to high or whatever then I would have tried removing some of the paste incase it was to thick. but I am satisfied considering at 3.4ghz on stock I would get like 70-75....

Thanks again guys!

If you referring to me using wrong core temp I am using the latest with 100 Tjunction...

I ran Orthos dual prime or whatever the latest is where it test both cpu's without running multiple orthos and I peak at 54C at 3.6ghz on 1.425... wanted to make sure I was stable before trying to drop the vcore abit...

0.95.4?

Ignore the absolute temp from Coretemp, its plain misleading.

But again, if you're using the latest with 100 as max tjunction, that means with your peak at 54 C, so you still have 46 degrees headroom until max temp allowed by Intel, which is "a lot". ;)

That is really cool CPU you got there ! :thup:

Ignore the absolute temp from Coretemp, its plain misleading.

But again, if you're using the latest with 100 as max tjunction, that means with your peak at 54 C, so you still have 46 degrees headroom until max temp allowed by Intel, which is "a lot". ;)

That is really cool CPU you got there ! :thup:

Yep so far no complaints... HS seems work pretty good.. load on 3ghz was 47 considering 600mhz increase only 7 degrees thats not to bad...Gonna play with a few settings later just to see what I can reach....

What would you guys say "MAX" load I want regardless of speed and be in safe limits for everyday use?

20 degrees to max tjunction for 24/7, and this 20 is lots of headroom to cover high room temp say like broken AC. ;)

20 degrees to max tjunction for 24/7, and this 20 is lots of headroom to cover high room temp say like broken AC. ;)

ha yeah..... that's cool thanks for the info :) I didn't want to get it stable and be running like 70c for example and get told " you f'in nuts" lol... I don't plan to oc high enough to reach that high but yeah know...

Thanks

That is why you should use Coretemp the "right" way like this HERE.

Those 70 or even 80 degrees Celcius on "absolute reading" is meaningless, it could be 85 or 90, 105 or even 65 ! :D

So reading relative degrees to the max temp is the best way to interpret that CPU temperature, fyi this is the ONLY "correct" way to read CPU temp and its "official" and "blessed" by Intel themself. ;)

That is why you should use Coretemp the "right" way like this HERE.

Those 70 or even 80 degrees Celcius on "absolute reading" is meaningless, it could be 85 or 90, 105 or even 65 ! :D

So reading relative degrees to the max temp is the best way to interpret that CPU temperature, fyi this is the ONLY "correct" way to read CPU temp and its "official" and "blessed" by Intel themself. ;)

Hey, ok I did that thanks :)... right now it says 48C to Tjunction....

I appreciate the suggestion... one thing that's a pain in the *** is the fact I have to always use the "disable driver enforcement" on Vista X64 to use the damn thing lol...

Well, just use SpeedFan, although it's offset is not correct, it runs painfree in Vista !

All you need is just launch both Coretemp & SpeedFan, and then adjust/compensate manually the temp reading from the Coretemp and mark the offset error into the SpeedFan ! :)

Just a suggestion though, I know lots of ppl hate SpeedFan ! :D

Well, just use SpeedFan, although it's offset is not correct, it runs painfree in Vista !

All you need is just launch both Coretemp & SpeedFan, and then adjust/compensate manually the temp reading from the Coretemp and mark the offset error into the SpeedFan ! :)

Just a suggestion though, I know lots of ppl hate SpeedFan

I tried speedfan before and whatever reason on this board, it wouldn't read what sensor was what... yet my older board it would say " CPU" HDD, etc etc...unless there's a new version which I haven't checked in couple months.

EDIT :) I download 4.33 and it's comming up properly now, however I don't see the offset option to change it manually?

Last edited:
Back