• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a good Pentium 2 Motheroard.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zpeed Racer

Hi guys, I have a Pentium2 450MHZ cpu that I've been wanting to overclock for sometime now, but my current motherboard won't overclock it. Do you know of a good motherboard that has been tested to overclock this processor? thanks.

Whatever board you get, I don't think that your P2 450 will go much further than 500-550 regardless. That has been my experience with P2 procs at least. There are quite a few boards still out there that will run the proc though. The Soyo board in my sig is still available from vendors and will overclock that processor as well as any. Also, if you can find an Abit BE6-2 version 2 board, that would be a great choice.

Abit BE6-II which are being sold on Ebay.

They are "dream overclocking boards."

They will support you if you get a slotket and if you have a slotket you'll be able to get a max of a P3 1100 or a Celeron 1100.

A good used Abit BE6 is probably the best mobo you can find for that P-II with maybe the Abit BH6 being a good second choice. But for about $150 you could buy an Abit ST6 and a Celeron 900 and overclock it to 1.2 gig or for a little more money get a 1.2 gig Celeron and overclock it to 1.4 to 1.5 gig. So, why screw around with a crappy ol' P-II that won't do much over 500 MHz?

you can find Abit BE6 for 80 dollars at "atacom.com" the vendor's reputation is 4.8 out of 7, so it is pretty good, and i just ordered my XET-C from them, they are ok, but a bit slow on shipping and processing tho.

Back