• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Solid state Hdd's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drotto25

Has anyone tried one of these yet? I know they are EXPENSIVE, but would like to nkow how one of these compares to a raid 0 or a raptor.

I have and yes as the above poster suggested they trash Raptors and 15K Cheetahs,hands down,but are incredibly expensive !

the solid state drives have one real main advantage from the reviews of 32g models around, in that they have a constant read speed, from the test i saw it was around 6-70MB contants, no drops, dips or anything

they arent junk by any means, but i dont think the cost is justifiable and still need some work.

lol typo..LOL

60-70MB i wasnt sure what number it was but it was either 60MB constant, or 70MB constant.

What kinda laptops were they? I'm just curious.

Dell Latitude M430(that is the model IIRC).

There is no way those Dells were 60-70mb constant.

They take approx 2-3 minutes to shut down when ONLY XP is open (no other programs).

I put a 4 year old D500 next to it and told them both to shut down and approximately the same time.

The D500 was shut down and cooling off before the Dell had even finished the "Saving your settings" portion of shutdown.

A lot of work is needed before they are justifiable for a production environment.

Well there are the RAM based 'disks' still, which are a fair bit faster than flash or anything else, but they are also out of pretty much any sensible price range.

Back