• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

13220 3dmark06 with 1 8800gts 320! OC'n ?'s as well.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bullcrew

Registered
Did a 13220 with my set up and yeah my CPU carries its own weight at 3.78ghz. Question is does the shader in the new vs. of rivatuner help with OC'n. i dont understand how it works.

BTW this is my first build and OC i built this computer 3 weeks ago and knew nothing about them (I do graphics and wide format printing not harware or OC). This is obviously my first OC as well, got the Q6600 3.6 prime 95 small ftt stable and working on 3.8 as well as got the 8800 at 674/1055 (2100). GPU is stable via ati tools as well at this OC. 70 degrees max with a couple of quick teeters to 71 on stock cooling and 85 degrees in the shop.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=3162062

BTW: Id like to introduce myself as well as say great site.

Attachments

• ati-shotweb.jpg
    ati-shotweb.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 230
:soda:
Lies! D: ~

Not a proper welcome at all... and that is possible with a quad core at that speed not totally out of the realm of insane.

Lets see where is it... :welcome: There we go :soda:

Just wanted to stop in and say nice score, and nice clocks on the system. Definatly not bad at all for a first time OCer.

I'm not sure about ur question, but that is a very nice score. And of course, welcome to the forums.

Thanks and the benchmarks are not without warrant, my other half is mad at the time I have applied lately because of intrest. OC'n rocks, cant believe i never got into it.

To the ?.
I see a new vs of riva tuner is out and it has a shader clock setting so its not contolled by the other settings. Its now able to be adjusted manually. What is it and what benefits does it have. I have heard about people getting better scores and control of the OC by adjusting it and I am just curious. I ask these things before doing anything, smokin a chunk of equiptment is costly...

Hum.... I guess vista is killing my scores :p
13605, very close hardware. Little slower CPU OC, bit faster video OC (759 in that run),

759 NICE!!!!!! I cant get past 685. thats a kickn card, I can get 4 ghz but I wish my card would break 700+.
Congrats on the card.

759 NICE!!!!!! I cant get past 685. thats a kickn card, I can get 4 ghz but I wish my card would break 700+.
Congrats on the card.

Card may be good, but my CPU isnt as good as yours (tops out at 3.65 or so at 1.45v, speed on 3dmark is wrong) and again vista is earing my score.... Video card is 10.8% faster then yours, but my score is only 3% higher.

Card may be good, but my CPU isnt as good as yours (tops out at 3.65 or so at 1.45v, speed on 3dmark is wrong) and again vista is earing my score.... Video card is 10.8% faster then yours, but my score is only 3% higher.

Yeah but i dont think the 10% faster OC on the card goes 1;1 ratio with time equvilance. But then again I dont know, what I do know is that card you have kicks some seriuos rear....

What drivers are you using and do drives stabalize a card as well?

I lost 960 points by switching drivers and HD's, unfortunently the supplied drivers didnt work well with the raptors.:mad: Oh well, Im shopping around for an ultra or GTX Im starting my homework right now to find the best one of the 2 and which brand has higher clocks...

Any suggestions would be great.

Nice rig bullcrew,

It's pretty simple, higher shader clocks = higher scores/better performance. The trick is finding the right mix of clocks for the best score. Many of the factory overclocked cards run higher shader than their default/stock counter parts. Basically Nvidia with newer drivers and Unwinders (Rivatuner developer) have given the user the ability to control this independantly. Prior to this version of Riva the only way to control shader clocks was via BIOS modification.

Man... You guys keep killing me on the CPU side... I need to take the case apart again, tunr the AC on, and bunp up the voltage again to try and keep up!

Man... You guys keep killing me on the CPU side... I need to take the case apart again, tunr the AC on, and bunp up the voltage again to try and keep up!

I know how that goes! I had to turn the freezone down to medium, it keeps creating condensation. Besides the fact its not stock it keeps it at 52c (on medium) at 1.58v full load small ftt prime 95. High is too much till I find the settings for 4.+ and a 1.6v OC thats why I have it for high OC with stability, along with the fact Im awaiting the new 45n architectrue Itel. :D
I'll leave you alone, you have a bad a#* score and rightly deserve it with that freak of nature card.:attn:

Heres my cpu settings for 3.4 stable (I have bad vdroop on IP35 pro)
378X9, 1.46v (your looking for 1.39 after vdroop), 1,37mch (N bridge) , 2.2 ram (I have 4 gbs though)
You should be able to run these with stock cooling, as well as you will probably have alot less vdroop then I do.

I set my v to 1.46 in bios and cpuz it comes in at 1.39, If I mod my board to eliminate the loss I could put 1.39 in bios andf it would be just that.

I also have all my power saving and reducers on when OC'n, I dont tuern any settings off in the bios.

Try these and let me know how they work out as well as throw a big score up. I want to see!!!! You got the card to do it.

I have the new Rivatuner 2.05 but I can't seem to clock my shader ???? It's not listed in the section. Something I gotta do before I can change it ?

:welcome: To the forums. Those are some insane scores for an 8800GTS. Nice work. I've only been able to get as high as the score in my sig :( But, I'm running Vista. Last I checked, about 6 months ago when I installed Vista, using XP over Vista was good for ~500 points in 3dm06.

Back