• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lowering ram divider causes in-stability - Help..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diezel

First, you can see my system in my sig.

OK, my problem:
I want to OC.

Started by finding the CPU's max mhz. so first I lowered the ram divider, and here begins my problem - when I lower it, then save settings and reset - NO POST. Then I turn off the pc, and turn it on - it posts (with the lowered divider - 9/10), and boots and its completely stable.
5/06 is more unstable, and 3/04 is completely unstable - no post at all - even after turning pc off and on.

I am running on dual channel, on 2T command rate, and 3.4.4.8 timings.
All voltages are default (memory voltage 2.6).

What to do? How do I fix that?

I had the same problem on the Ultra-D. I found that i could do 240mhz on stock volts on the normal 1:1. Everytime i lowered the divider, it would be less, until i got to 3:4. Then it could only do 200mhz on stock voltage, and not a single mhz more. It is very strange. I always pushed 3volts through my ram though.

at least you were able to lower the divider..
I cant! it won't post!

EDIT: didn't solve it after all.. CPC doesn't affect anything..

But I found out some things..

1. As I told, lowering divider with 2.60 vdimm will not post.
But if I raise it up to 2.70, It will post and even boot up windows, but with stability issues.

2. 2.80 memory voltage is much more unstable than 2.70.
Sometimes it doesn't post, and if it posts it doesn't boot - get stuck.

3. Increasing the chipset voltage made it less unstable. Fewer stability issues.

I tried tweaking the timings, got them up to 3.5.5.8, it doesn't help.

Any help?

Last edited:
Back