• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK the SLI certification is getting ridiculous

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adragontattoo

Trailer Chasing Senior
OK the SLI certification is getting ridiculous.

SVC now has a SLI certified chassis?!?!?!?!?

Exactly pray tell, what testing did it have to go through that the 90000 other chassis that are available didnt pass?

I can understand if they dont fit due to size but other then size, what precludes me from using an old beige box or even some cardboard for my chassis? Does the warranty become void if you arent using a certified chassis? Does the card do a system check and refuse to run until the approved and certified materials are used in the system configuration?

For that matter, why does it include a 1kw PSU? I understand that the GTX's are powerhogs but you dont NEED the 1kw PSU do you?

Sorry just getting annoyed at the SLI certfication that is being tossed around.

Hmm, wonder if YOU will have to be SLI certified before being able to use the system(pictures you getting tattooed after passing the exam).

I can see buying a branded case.

The Nvidia case has a distinct difference from the regular stacker.

FTLink:

Code:
NVIDIA SLI certification ensures a quality user experience by putting each component through a rigorous series of tests including diagnostics, benchmarking, burn in, and card interoperability.

That still doesnt exactly clarify why the stacker is SLI certified, what tests can they do on a case?

Diagnostic team to Marketing Exec:
DT:
Ok, the side does in fact come off.
DT:The front plates are in fact the correct size to accomodate DVD burners!
DT:Look the Motherboard tray has preinstalled nuts for the MB standoffs!
DT:There are even holes for fans to be added!
DT:Holy crap it can even have a PSU installed in it!!!!!

DT:Eureka we have finally found a case that can have a MB, PSU, and peripherals installed in it!

ME:Quick brand it SLI certified before ATI gets wind of this!

Nice rant. :thup:

nVidiot: Hey let's make a new flavour of MD that's SLi Certified!
nVidiot Chairman: Great Idea! *Promotion*

all they need now is to have sli monitors cert :D

lol... an sli certified monitor would have to be a CRT... cus well lcds just dont have the refresh rates of a CRT... or they would have to come out with a new lcd technology... which brings me to sony's new lcd hdtv... supossedly does 120hz... why can they bring that to the pc realm... i would buy an LCD in a heart beat.

then after the SLI certified monitor, you would need a sli certified kb and mouse set, to take full advantage of the sli lol.

then after the SLI certified monitor, you would need a sli certified kb and mouse set, to take full advantage of the sli lol.

No, not quite. You're still missing the SLI-certified desk, SLI chair, and SLI Cheetos. (And possibly the SLI-certified hand lotion...?)

Nah, they'll just present you with the SLi Lifestyle Package including your brand new SLi certified girlfriend!*

* Subject to availability, models my differ from those advertised. Batteries not included, some assembly may be required, colours may vary.

:beer:

I saw some SLI certified RAM earlier today, kinda threw me for a loop. Thankfully I found this thread and it cleared up everything! :bday:

Back