• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TOP 10 AMD CPUS ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Duron Morgan core
1700 1800 and 2100 tbred
2400 2500 2600 mobile
165, 170 opty
3800x2

to name a few?

The 2600 mobile "IQYHA" stepping is a true OC legend. I think that series had the highest percent overclock of any AMD chip. On average, it had a guaranteed 25% OC right out of the box.

Athlon XP 1700 DLT3C... folks went NUTS over that one, like the intel g0 steppings.
Opteron 165's CBBID

AXP1700+, Mobile Bartons, Opty144, Sandy 3700+, F3 Windsors, X2 3600+ Brisbane, Duron (almost all of them seemed to be beast ocers).

Athlon XP 1700 DLT3C... folks went NUTS over that one, like the intel g0 steppings.
Opteron 165's CBBID

CBBID was a HORRIBLE stepping for winchester, the opteron CBB1E's were really good and the CBBWE was a good stepping too. early Venices were good, later San Diegos really oc'd well, and ofcourse the current CZ stepping revision F3 silicon dual cores, 3800+ CZBOX hitting 3.3ghz+ on air...i call that not bad. 2ghz to 3.3ghz....right around a 65% overclock.

CBBID was a HORRIBLE stepping for winchester, the opteron CBB1E's were really good and the CBBWE was a good stepping too. early Venices were good, later San Diegos really oc'd well, and ofcourse the current CZ stepping revision F3 silicon dual cores, 3800+ CZBOX hitting 3.3ghz+ on air...i call that not bad. 2ghz to 3.3ghz....right around a 65% overclock.

My CBBID was awesome!

The 2600 mobile "IQYHA" stepping is a true OC legend. I think that series had the highest percent overclock of any AMD chip. On average, it had a guaranteed 25% OC right out of the box.

Not mine, I think I have one of the lousiest IQYHAs ever built. Even with 1.85v it has never been able to do even 2.4 stable, perhaps the chip just hates me. I've only kept it all these years because I have a serious love-hate relationship with the motherboard. :p

The 0610 DPMW socket 939 chips are awesome overclockers, probably the best overclocking AMD chip that I've ever owned. Everyone I saw with that week, including myself, was hitting between 2.8-3.0 GHz at acceptable voltages, pretty good for a socket 939 dual-core.

Athlon XP 1600+ stock of 1.4 , I forget what steppings were good, but some were hitting 2.0ghz. I can't even remember what happened to mine, I either sold it or fried it. I think I'll choose to remember the former.

my best so far is 3700+@ 3070 and 148 @ 3030 under 1.58 and im talking at least 10 hours prime stable. Not lucky enough to get a duel core to hit 3 gig yet

Back