• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

After waiting for years... a new Build ^^

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

outercipt

Registered
Whassup people! After having the same pc for something like 5-6 years i'm finally going to upgrade. :santa: Tell me what you think =P

Intel C2D E6750
Asus P5k-E / WiFi AP
WD Claviar 250GB Sata
A-Data 2GB (2x1GB) Extreme Edition Vitesta DDR2 800+
Sapphire X1950GT 256mb

This is a budget setup, i may go to local part shop tomorrow or saturday... any thougts on it ¿?

PD: muahahah i bet i can play Crysis here =D

Because of my budget ill run on stock and a PSU that came with case.

I plan upgrading it to a Kandalf LSC case and a 700W OCZ power suply, so i can start overclocking.

My main concern is cheap and nasty psu's bundled with cases which kill your new equipment.
What power raiting is the psu.

Yep me too, ill take care of that when im in the part shop so i can actually see how cheap the psu is.

If it is too bad im not going to risk the new parts and buy a Thermaltake 600W W0129RU or a Cooler master 750W REAL POWER PRO RS-750-ACAA-A1.

I know there are better PSU out there, but the're hard to find in mexico... So betwen these 2 which is better PSU ¿?

no cooler master psu. They suck.

Get a corsair 520hx and you'll be good. the 700watt ocz is ok too.

change ur a-data to crucial ballistix.

For your videocard, check newegg, but sometimes you can get the x1950pro 512mb for ~$150.

you're probably on it or reusing your old one, but you need an optical drive.

i'm all for supporting local shops but the mark up at computer shops especially is ridiculous in my experience. if you can find an etailer that's ships to mexico, you'll do better.

looks like my build, LCS and everything.

Be weary of that LCS system though, the acrylic block that comes with it sucks ***.

I've seen the PSU and it was ultra generic... I'll buy the Thermaltake PSU and for a few buck more i'll buy the Thermaltake Jr case. There is no point on buying the cheapest case.

I have been loking for e-tailers on mexico and they have many overpriced items. As for american e-tailers (TigerDirect) they charge me about 250$ usd for shipping, so it's also pointless.

In an hour or so ill get most of the parts and in monday or thuesday i'll go for the mobo and ram.

Thanks for the advices ^^

Adata extreme edition, excellent ram ;-) however i would change the PSU to somthing better, thermaltake toughpowers are excellent, xclio greatpowers, ultra x-pro, x infinity and x3 and x2 are all excellent. Of course theres also enhance, which i think Ewiz has a deal on now, a 600 watt black PSU for like 70 from them, seasonic and such. OCZ is good, too, pc power and cooling as well.

Back