• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sony laptop software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

Guys I have a VGN-FS790 which is a pretty generic Sony Laptop. Just like when you purchase a Dell or anything else it came with a ton of bloatware on it. I formatted and installed my own windows XP pro. The problem is that I have lost function of all my function keys as well as other laptop options. I can't dim or brighten my screen. I can't throttle the CPU to save on battery life. I can't do any of these things. Is there a way I can get full functionality back without having to install that crappy bloated version of windows XP home? I have vista and was about to install that on here but I'd like to get my functionality back as it's killing my battery life not having it.

you can usually pick and choose what "services" you want to install when you reinstall the original version. like aja said, after that get rid of the rest of the crap you don't use.

i had the same problem with my hp laptop from years back. it came with discs for the hp version of xp and the regular version. i installed the regular version once and it was missing so many drivers that it was hardly functional.

Back