• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-P35-DS3R USB Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vgplayer

Registered
OCers please help.

I built this for my emulators and it works great except in my computer.
Here is what I have done so far:
- Wipe computer and install XP.
- First boot doesn't detect anything. So I install all the drivers on the Gigabyte disc including the USB driver.
- On reboot it detects that something is plugged in but is unrecognized. So I install Windows Updates.
- Now it doesn't detect that I plugged anything in.

I have plugged it into every USB port I have and I have tried it on Vista with no success either. The device doesn't require drivers and when I plug it into my friend's computers it works just fine and is displayed in the Game Controllers window. I am running the F6 bios and the bios has the USB related settings enabled.

Has anyone experienced this with any other USB device or have a possible solution?

Try plugging it in through a usb hub, I had some similar issues, and that was a workaround I used.

OCers please help.

I built this for my emulators and it works great except in my computer.
Here is what I have done so far:
- Wipe computer and install XP.
- First boot doesn't detect anything. So I install all the drivers on the Gigabyte disc including the USB driver.
- On reboot it detects that something is plugged in but is unrecognized. So I install Windows Updates.
- Now it doesn't detect that I plugged anything in.

I have plugged it into every USB port I have and I have tried it on Vista with no success either. The device doesn't require drivers and when I plug it into my friend's computers it works just fine and is displayed in the Game Controllers window. I am running the F6 bios and the bios has the USB related settings enabled.

Has anyone experienced this with any other USB device or have a possible solution?

Check to see if the cable inside the case is connected to the USB on the MB. The pins are fool proof. I used USB 1 on my P35-DS3R. Sounds like hardware issue, not software.

I am new to OC, wonder if you have the time to walk through settings in the BIOS to OC. Can't get it right at this point. TIA
Bill

Thanks MIAHALLEN plugging it through a USB hub did the trick but still I shouldn't have to.

Back