• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to use to see if clocks are stable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hazaro

So I've been using ATiTool's scan for artifacts, and looking for yellow marks (More like razor sharp yellow blades :mad:), but my memory is only able to clock to 945, and not to the next level (972), same goes for shader from 1620 to next level, and core (645) to next level.

Even if it gives me giant swaths of yellow artifacts at slightly higher clocks if it doesn't artifact in game is that ok? Doesn't that mean the card is messing up?

Thanks in advance ;)

648/1620/945 on 8800GTS A2 core

I wouldn't use the ATI tool artifact tester. Highly unreliable in my experience.

Whenever I OC video cards, I use a benchmark like 3dmark to test the clock. If you see artifacts or the score is lower, that is when you know you have to stop or volt mod.

Hmm looks like those are the max clocks. I can go farther and get no artifacts, but after getting 5 BSOD's and 2 freezes, it's not going any further. Even if my FPS does go from 61-->66

i use COD2 and BF2 to test...if i get artifacts playing those games, its too high

currently sitting on a clock of 700/2000

Back