• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Headless cruncher?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caust1c

What is a headless cruncher? Im guessing that it's a remotely operated computer without monitor? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks ;) :bday:

^no... flash memory but good guess

Riiight. Now I remember how I hacked my own computer to get my parents passwords: I booted from the flash drive and used Ophcrack. Before that I had never known how easy it is to steal passwords from regular desktops. I also learned alot about strong passwords. Now I use numbers letters and symbols, caps and no caps, etc.

Edit: Its not really hacking, just a cool trick you can do to get passwords if you forget them. =P After all, that is how you install your OS...

I wasn't doing it to be bad, they just don't know anything about computers and we had viruses like nobody's business. I just got the admin account so I could do a little cleaning up. I did let them know after a little bit. Once they saw how much better the computer ran, they didn't care anyways. :)

Could you write a program for the BIOS to run that could fold for you? that way all you would need is RAM, Mobo, CPU and PSU... that would be awsome.

no, your bios can probobly not handle another 3 MB + WUs. all you need is a cd drive and the f@h cd. You can also use a $7 thumb drive with linux.

Back