• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Ram Plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Teknodred

Registered
Hi guys,
I just bought myself some new ram,
some OcUK 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 PC2-8500C5 1066MHz Dual Channel Kit to be exact,
currently running:
Intel Duo E6600
Evga 680i board
Nvida 8800 GTX
with that ram above,

Now when i first booted the machine i used CPU-Z to check the ram speed, and it says its reading 555Mhz??
But when i use Nvida Monitor it says its coming in at 889Mhz, i slightly increased the Ram speed in bios (unlinked), it originally said 800Mhz,
Which one is correct?

The default voltage was at 1.8v with my Older DDR2 ram, and the box showed green in Nvida Monitor,
When i put this new RAM in it went to 1.95 and the box is showling yellow,
Can anyone confirm is this voltage safe? or do i want to increase it more??

Also how can i achieve speeds closer to 1066 Mhz?
Just noticed now on CPU-Z it acknoledges that my processor is a 2400Mhz clock, but the clock speed is stating 1600Mhz in CPU-Z?
But 2400Mhz in Nvida monitor??? which am i to believe???

Thanks very much,
Hope this all makes sense hehe

Is there some sort of benchmark i can do to see if my PC is up to scratch CPU/GPU wise?? as im worried that its underclocked??

Thx

Your multi is dropping down to 6x because of the power save features. You can disable them easily in the BIOS. Look around for C1E or Speedstep and disable them. Could you provide a screen shot of CPUz with the CPU and memory tab?

Thanx will do ASAP,
Ah and thx for the core clock speed info shall do that right away also,
Screen shot of the CPU-Z screen shall be uploaded in few mins,
Thx for the fast help

Ok so you've got your memory at 444mhz (DDR2-888). And you just want to raise it to rated speed? Easy. Since you can unlink memory on 680i you should be able to just set it at 533mhz (DDR2-1066). You can also put the memory timings to 5-5-5-15. Those sticks may also require 2-2.2v to do those speeds.

Is this the memory you have?
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-013-OK

As you can see, they are rated up to 2.3v.

Cool,
So its that easy :)??
Yes thats the memory i have,
I was just worried about increasing the voltage, because Nvida Monitor showed the indicator box as "yellow",

Do you know of a good benchmarking test which i could run and you could compare to?
Just that a built this system a while by myself, and just triggered to me now, that im worried something may be "under performing"
Thanks again for the fast reply!

Oh and when you mean adjust the timings, I think its on Auto at the moment,
So it will do no harm in manually inputting them correct??

Thx again boss!

Ok have managed to get my RAM to 1066 with timings of 5-5-5-15 great stuff thanks!

Now just one more lil query please,
Usuing the Nvidia Monitor to check my voltages i have the RAM at 2.0v but its indicating a "yellow" box...green means perfect i assume, My Mobo says it gives out 1.8v to the RAM modules (recomnded) is this bad then to have it at 2.0v? i think i can still back it down to 1.8v and have the RAM at 1066 5-5-5-15 should i do this?

Also just notced my PCI-e voltage has gone up to 1.4v and the box is "red"..now is this bad :)?? and can i lower this in BIOS also??

Thanks alot!
Cheers

Back