• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lan phy voltage is 0... I'm confused.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aras420

Registered
My lan phy voltage is 0 according to pc probe. Isn't this the voltage going through my ethernet? Well... I'm obviosly online and my speedtest scores are fine, so, I'm confused. Can anyone explain what this means to me?

Vista 64 ultimate
Asus crosshair
AMD athlon 64 x2 6000+
4 gigs ddr2 800 ocz platinum matched set 2 x 2 gig sticks
2 x XFX 8800 gts 340 meg SLI
Driver: 169.71 release and all hotfixes
2 x 500 gig 7200rpm sata WD drives raid 0 - storage/games
1 x 160 gig 7200rpm IDE WD - operating system
2 x dvd rw drives 1=sony 1=samsung lightscribe
850w silverstone single rail

if my lan phy is supposed to be 0 then why is pc probe giving me a voltage reading and alarm? I believe it's reading the voltage on the mobo for the ethernet device not what's coming through the wire.

if my lan phy is supposed to be 0 then why is pc probe giving me a voltage reading and alarm? I believe it's reading the voltage on the mobo for the ethernet device not what's coming through the wire.

Hi aras420,
I also have the Crosshair no voltage alarm. I wonder if you could confirm whether BOTH your LAN ports actually work? I am on my second board now and both of them had the above no voltage alarm but, in addition, LAN 1 was inoperative. Took me ages to work that one out! :) No network, no Internet no nothing until I moved the Router cable to LAN 2

Thanks in advance.

James.

Back