• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A question with a twist..... Can this be done?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joeteck

Retired
I've never tried this, but can you ghost to a RAID 0 array?

I have my OS on a single 80 gig drive.

Can I ghost from my 80 gig to two 80 gigers in RAID 0?

And if so, what version of ghost can do it?

So the answer is no......... Darn it! I guess I have to re-install the OS.

Unless I can find DOS drivers for th ICH9R............ Yeah I thought so.... Nadda... lol

The raid boots up at post so in theory the parition is already created. Ghost should see it.

When I ghost our servers I do not need to have any kind of raid driver.

Just make a ghost boot disk with your network ndis driver. That all you need.

The raid boots up at post so in theory the parition is already created. Ghost should see it.

When I ghost our servers I do not need to have any kind of raid driver.

Just make a ghost boot disk with your network ndis driver. That all you need.

When did the ICH9R come into play? Will Ghost 2003 see it?

When did the ICH9R come into play? Will Ghost 2003 see it?

It should because the raid partition was formed before the ghost boot disk loaded.

You just need to find an ndis driver for your nic and you should be able to load the image.

You will need to tell ghost where the image is as well. So you must have the drive with the image online in some fashion.

It should because the raid partition was formed before the ghost boot disk loaded.

You just need to find an ndis driver for your nic and you should be able to load the image.

You will need to tell ghost where the image is as well. So you must have the drive with the image online in some fashion.

Everything is local. No need for NIC drivers

It should be able to be done, but I doubt Windows will load once you finish. You could try a repair install of Windows after Ghosting. The main problem is that once you Ghost it, Windows will not know what drivers to load for the Raid array.

It should be able to be done, but I doubt Windows will load once you finish. You could try a repair install of Windows after Ghosting. The main problem is that once you Ghost it, Windows will not know what drivers to load for the Raid array.

Well, I just did a test on the ICH7R, and it saw it, which is a good thing.

I think it should not have a problem booting after the ghost has completed, as I have two RAID 0 arrays and the system already knows of the driver.

for my test, I'll be ghosting from two 80's to two 150 gig raptors in RAID 0...

The real system, will be a single 80 to two 80's in RAID 0, my OS already knows of the driver for the 4 x 250's... on the ICH9R controller.

I have two RAID 0's on the ICHxR controller

Last edited:
Back