• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Since everyone loves pictures...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PLOBBY

I thought i would share my set up. Some new, some old...

As of right now, below in the server 'closet' there are three working computers and two ones that don't work hanging on the wall.

The wires used to be really neat, but i have added/taken out too much stuff and havent gotten back to zip tying everything back together and what not, and trying to hide the wires. No one see's it so it isn't a huge deal.

The one on the bottom left is the file server. It consists of

Semperon 2600+
1gb ram
Gigabit network card
1x300gb (music/os)
2x250gb (music/files)
2x500gb(movies/shows)
1x1tb (movies)

Bottom Right (DHCP/Domain controller)...yeah i know overkill, i got it for free
Compaq ProLiant ML350
2x2.0ghz xeon
1gb ram
3x15gb hotswappable scsi 15k drives (raid 0+1)
Tape Drive
Dual PSU's

Top Right Smoothwall
Old dell L700cx

pIII 700 MHz
256mb ram
40gb hard drive
2x nic's

Then the bottom linksys box is for vonage. The top is obviously wireless. Its a WAP54G.

I have a 8 port Netgear Gigabit switch, and a 5 port too. Then the modem is a surfboard 5120.

The sonicwall you see in there that is not running is backup incase the smoothwall crashes. It is a TZ 170, and again i got that for free too.

The HTPC consists of...

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+ s754
Mobo:Abit kv8
Ram: Adata 2x1gb
GPU: Sapphire x800xt-pe
Tuner: Hauppauge HVR-1600
HDD: 120gb maxtor (all shows get moved to file server)

Audio Setup
Front - Klipsch .. not sure what model
Center- Polk Audio LSiC
Rear Surround- Polk Audio LSiFX
Sub- Velodyne V-1012-B
Receiver- Yamaha RX-V1700
I have Beyond TV and Beyond Media with the DVD library plugin which i absolutely love. Now for some pictures...

Home Theater setup...
IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_0027.jpg

The one of my laptop/gaming comp for the hell of it...
IMG_0036.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. The reason they were attached to the wall, was to try something different, and a lack of cases at the same time :p. The motherboards still actually work, it was just the hard drive died on one and the power supply on the other. I got the smoothwall that i have running now also for free, and it was faster than the one hanging on the wall. And the file server that i had running on the wall was too old/slow to support the amount of storage i expanded to.

:drool: that is exactly what i would do if i had my own place. You sir are my hero. One of those crts looks like it is mounted to the ceiling.

:drool: that is exactly what i would do if i had my own place. You sir are my hero. One of those crts looks like it is mounted to the ceiling.

Well thanks -- nope it is just sitting on top of that shelf with the bottom stands taken off so they would not hit the ceiling.

Back