• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming keyboard and mouse???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

df0xyd

Hi Guys!

Well, as the title says, I'm looking to buy a new gaming keyboard and mouse. Yes, yes, I realize that there are a lot of different keyboards, and not a whole lot of mouses.

What I'm looking for is a keyboard that is black, backlit blue, and (hopefully has the ability to change volume from keyboard) I hope that helps shrink the amount of keyboards down. Also, I don't want to pay like... $70 for JUST a keyboard.
This Saitek one looks good... I think. (I don't know much about brand names or anything like that)

As for the mouse... I just ask for it to glow blue. Like this one.

And... this mouse pad just looks cool ;)

Back on topic, is the mouse and keyboard I picked any good???

Keyboard: Zboard. While I don't use the FPS keyset (or any other than the keyboard one), I love this keyboard. It is also not expensive at all, like 37 bucks

Mouse: Logitech MX518. Simply love it, if mine dies, I'll buy another. Used to be in the +50 range, but you can find them for around 25 ;)

Saitek Eclipse II

Ohhh, I like the looks of that one better :)

thideras said:
While I agree that is an awesome board, I was disappointed that it didn't have any multimedia keys :(

It's got a volume control button, and that's all I need as for media keys ;)

Anyone know anything about the mouse I am looking at in post #1?

I'm currently using a razer diamondback and it's a great mouse for FPS. I'm thinking about moving to a razer habu for more comfort though. I'm dedicated to razer because they've always put out good products. I had an MX700 or something (maybe it was a 500, can't remember) and it was clunky and definetly left more to be desired.
The "Krait" looks very similiar to the diamondback also, might be the never revision.

I would get a G7 or a G5 hands down. I have both and use them both about the same. I have 4 computers at my house so 2 of them have the G7 1 has a G5 and the other a MX518. :)

I use a Logitech G7. Battery life is mroe than sufficient and I have yet to experience any 'wireless lag' playing any game. It is just a very comfortable, smooth, and accurate mouse to use. Highly recommended.

The G5 is good as well if you preferred wired.

I have a G15 keyboard and it worked great until I pressed a key for the lcd display. Then that died, and the whole right side of my keyboard died -_-. I lost $100 off that -_-. Is the razor any good?

I say go with a saitek or razor XD.

I gotta say, I like my Saitek II, it gets dirty easily. Other than that, it types comfortably and I have had no trouble with paint fade. The led's are cool, too.
No complaints about my Razer Diamondback--lightweight and fast not to mention ambidextrous.

Back