• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nikhsub1 takes first for weekly average production

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hasn't he only brought 24 cpus online so far? Would there be more than 150 yet to come? We'll just have to guess since his computers are under stealth mode.

22 computers... seems SETI is harder on hardware than folding :D I had to remove it from 2 'iffy' machines. More will be added though, lots more in due time. How well do AMD XP 2400's do? I have lots of those unfortunately...

I think they should do better with Seti than they do with folding, Nik. But since I don't have any old AXP machines left I can't say for sure. But my 1 A64 socket 754 clawhammer machine can belt out around 400-500 RAC running at a little over 2400 MHz. Since it's a 1st gen single channel A64, I don't imagine that it performs a whole bunch better than the old AXP machines. All I can say is give them a try.

22 computers... seems SETI is harder on hardware than folding :D I had to remove it from 2 'iffy' machines. More will be added though, lots more in due time. How well do AMD XP 2400's do? I have lots of those unfortunately...

I have an AXP2000+ @ 2.2GHz crunching off and on. Takes around 3.5-4hours a WU, and at an average of 50cr/WU (modest claim) thats what, 300/day? Very guess-y amount there. You could very well crunch more :) Grats on top weekly btw. Thats insane.

What a savage. :p For some reason I can see the dog in your ava going "GRRRRRRRRRR" as you charge your way up the production line, scaring everyone else off.

God I have a wild imagination =\

I'm NOT surprised!! he's been the #1 folder for a loooooong time too!! :cool:

lucky you guy having him on your side!!

We're all on the same Team ;) it is fun to watch the fireworks :D

I'd like to get the inside story on one of the 500K RAC accounts.

I was just looking at the top teams in RAC and we are definitely making inroads into the newcomers that were catching us. We have picked up 2 positions in RAC the last few days and with the new members coming on and their work just starting to show up in the stats, it's looking like we should be able to easily slot in right behind Team Art Bell again. And as Nik's machines come on up and as he adds more to the crunching scene, we can probably slip past TAB in RAC pretty easily too. I know that I have a C2D machine that I just started up a few days ago, so that should account for at least 1000-1500 extra RAC by itself. And there has been some significant power added by the new team members too, so I think we stand a decent chance of getting back into the top 10 in RAC in the next month or so.

I have an AXP2000+ @ 2.2GHz crunching off and on. Takes around 3.5-4hours a WU, and at an average of 50cr/WU (modest claim) thats what, 300/day? Very guess-y amount there. You could very well crunch more :) Grats on top weekly btw. Thats insane.

What a savage. :p For some reason I can see the dog in your ava going "GRRRRRRRRRR" as you charge your way up the production line, scaring everyone else off.

God I have a wild imagination =\
Stock 2100+ runs just over 200 RAC if it's turned to 100% SETI. Right now it's split between SETI and Einstein. Of course, I'll be changing that over the next week or so prepping for the race ... :)

Stock 2100+ runs just over 200 RAC if it's turned to 100% SETI. Right now it's split between SETI and Einstein. Of course, I'll be changing that over the next week or so prepping for the race ... :)

Hmm.. Not that it makes a huge difference on AXP machines, but are you running dual channel RAM? Im wondering why your pc seems to be completely crapping on mine lol. 2100+ is stock 1733mhz, right? Surely my +~500mhz should account for more than 50 or so RAC?

Bah, why do I care so much? :p Stupid SETI addiction.

Hmm.. Not that it makes a huge difference on AXP machines, but are you running dual channel RAM? Im wondering why your pc seems to be completely crapping on mine lol. 2100+ is stock 1733mhz, right? Surely my +~500mhz should account for more than 50 or so RAC?

Bah, why do I care so much? :p Stupid SETI addiction.
That was the old stats. I haven't done any SETI only stuff since the new system went into effect. We'll know near the end of next month when we start reporting our credits for a new CPU v RAC thread ...

Back