• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funny Story (Computer related) :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diaz

My coworker went home yesterday, to find his wife with another... computer ! Her computer had been acting weird lately, which would have most likely been software related, or just a bad connector. So she got herself a new computer; which had to be a "good computer" in her terms. Her only uses for a computer, are office programs and MSN/Facebook and some flash games like family feud and such.

She bought a computer that she found while web-shopping. Here are the parts inside (dont know specifics):

2 HD2900 Crossfire
Q6600
4G Ram
Blue Ray Burner
DVD RW
Raptor Sata HDD's (raid?)
24" Acer
Liquid Cool system for CPU
Some fancy looking computer case (I'm thinking a CM staker style or antec 900, since he said it was black, was huge, had "like 4 huge fans" and had a massive fan at the top with buttons over top the CD trays.)

Needless to say, I bursted out laughing, then felt like I was going to puke, then laughed some more... Isnt that crazy? She has NO idea what she bought. Just a "good computer" to her. Just imagine all the people who actually dream about this hardware and learn every tiny detail about it before they can even afford one... hahhaha

Just thought I would share...

-D

Hmm... just thing how fast that computer will go bad once she gets done visiting all those sites and clicking all those pop-ups?

You just spoilt my night...

thanks a lot...

A guy at my work outdid you though.

This was a few years ago, before conroe.

He did office and email. That's it!

Apparently he also played a bit of warcraft.

The spec's:

Quad Zeon (Don't remember the specs, was 4xZeon's and Intel mobo)
4x36gig SCSI in RAID 0
Some weird oem PCI graphics card.
etc...

The point is, he was using this at his desk while the other people were using pentium II's!

(he was later fired for a whole lotta illegal activities...)

Back