• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old enlight AT case mod in the beginning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tithulta

Well I'm feeling creative and thinking of cutting and blasting this old case to fit an atx motherboard. I got the pic of needed things to do in my head. One prblem though..sort of. The power switch was "built in" the old at powersupply. I check all my other old junk and no a single other had that type. So when I've completed the mod how will I rehook up the switch? Before it was attached to the back of the plug-in inside the AT powersupply. I can try attaching it to the atx powersupply, but could their be an easier way? I know..buy a atx case...but I want to hack apart something old and screw it up first before working on a good case and screwing it up :D Have an old super7 atx board w/300mhz cpu to test my work with.

I'll try to post a pic tomorrow since it's late and I'm too tired to retrieve the case and take a pic of it.

I plan to mount the PSU externally to accomidate the atx mboard, also will cut out the former back bay area that the psu formerly resided. Not decided for sure yet, but thinking of using plexi-glass for sides since I really can't stand the old one peice cover.

Thanks for your thoughts and responses.

Thanks for the link as it did provide a few ideas(like building a diagram for a blueprint so I do get sidetracked and thus more likely to mess something up.

The biggest difference is the goals of the 2 projects. Water cooling is still beyond what I'm willing to do at this point. I will get back to you all later, gotten run pick up more dremel disc...lots more

MOD abandoned :(

Started working on "the plan" and it won't work case is just too small to fit the k7s5a into even if I mount the psu externally. So instead I'm going to turn it into an email machine for my sister. Have almost enough spare old parts to make it with exception of another monitor.

I'm really rather disappointed as I was REALLY looking forward to working on this project and submitting it to the how-to guides. So now I'm setting here trying to think of what I can do to it besides painting it. It'll get my OLD socket 7 w/300 mhz amd k6-2 so blow holes won't really be needed :(

Guess I'll have to buy a new home for my spare k7s5a and hack and slash it...

Back