• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with S-ATA drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

H0r51n4

I have bought SATA HDD Seagate barracuda 7200.9 and it is connected on main board ECS 865PE-A. It all works OK while CPU clock is on 200 MHz, but when I increase CPU clock for only 5 MHz system cannot recognize the drive.
What is the problem?
Before this drive I had the PATA drive and it was work without problems while the CPU clock was on 250MHz.

Please help.

It's highly possible the SATA bus is being overclocked along with you FSB and putting it beyond spec to run properly. While I typically wouldn't believe they would be interconnected somehow, your symptom seems to show that's happening. I'd manually set any frequencies that are adjustable in the BIOS and see if that helps.

It's highly possible the SATA bus is being overclocked along with you FSB and putting it beyond spec to run properly. While I typically wouldn't believe they would be interconnected somehow, your symptom seems to show that's happening. I'd manually set any frequencies that are adjustable in the BIOS and see if that helps.

I Concur

My BIOS does not support it, how I can unlock this option?

Last edited:
If you can't, you can't. :( That's what separates the cheap motherboards from the more expensive.

Can I overclock CPU, FSB and memory and leave PCI at 33 MHz?

Last edited:
I know I need this motherboard but I wanna know what I gonna do with my current board.

Last edited:
Back