• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting album folders to display album art

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lian Li

I'm trying to organize my music folder by having each album folder display the album cover. There are many of them that are already showing the cover and I don't even have the cover saved on my computer. That's not an issue but I just saved an album cover to an album folder and attempted to get the cover to show by right clicking on said folder/properties/customize/folder pictures/choose file........but it won't apply even after I click "apply". What gives? This is in Vista BTW.

You need to rename it folder.jpg (if it's a jpeg) for windows to automatically show the album art in thumbnail view.

You need to rename it folder.jpg (if it's a jpeg) for windows to automatically show the album art in thumbnail view.
I don't want it to show automatically, there's an option to do it manually so I can make the change and show the art the album comes with without having to rename every picture in every folder as stated above.

I don't want it to show automatically, there's an option to do it manually so I can make the change and show the art the album comes with without having to rename every picture in every folder as stated above.
OK you can right-click on the folder, select properties and then select the 'custom' tab once the properties GUI opens.

Then click 'chose picture' button and then select a picture file in the folder.

This should work on most common image files, not just .jpg.

OK you can right-click on the folder, select properties and then select the 'custom' tab once the properties GUI opens.

Then click 'chose picture' button and then select a picture file in the folder.

This should work on most common image files, not just .jpg.
I tried that and it doesn't work.

Hmmm...

Running XPproSP2 and it worked for me just before I posted my results.
When I ran XP, that's how I did it and it worked just fine too:confused:

yah that should have done it....

Well a quick google shows that Vista should dispaly embedded art. You may need to disable that to do the folder.jpg trick.
Well, it didn't:bang head

Ahh, I'll look more into that. Nice find BTW:beer:

Back