• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS A8V-XE 939 VIA K8T890

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would go with a higher priced board but I am limited on the amount of money I can spend. I was looking at the combos that are on newegg because they are cheap and I can get a new PSU and case if I only spend $110 or so on the cpu/mobo

Ahh, I see. Well if you want to oc, then i suggest saving up a few more $$ because even tho those combos on the egg are nice, the board lack ocing features.

Your best bet is to buy the chip and board separate, or get a chip that's already 2.4GHz and get a low budget board. This way you'll already have a nice chip and upgrade the board later.

You can also try ebay.

are those 2.2's good for running HL2 and Farcry? Those are the games that I play the most, after that I just watch movies with the old lady. I actually get to upgrade now so I want to get the best I can for the money. I'm looking at about $240 all total with cpu, mobo, psu, case, AS5, and heatsink. I could keep the mATX case and PSU but they are both emachine crapola

Hmm, 2.2Ghz will be able to push the games, providing of course, you have a decent enough video card. With movies it will do ok. You might not be able to push all the eye candy in the games, but in med settings it'll do alright.

Think I would be better off getting an el cheapo barebones PC with DDR2 memory or should I just build a DDR system? I see some barebones with CPU,RAM,case and PSU for around 200 shipped with dual cores and DDR2

Think I would be better off getting an el cheapo barebones PC with DDR2 memory or should I just build a DDR system? I see some barebones with CPU,RAM,case and PSU for around 200 shipped with dual cores and DDR2

That sounds like a better solution since DDR2 is very cheap now.

Back