• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I Purchase this laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

updawg

StarCraft II Fanatic
Through facebook marketplace someone at my college is selling a Panasonic CF-51 Laptop for $150, with a brand new battery. He doesn't seem like a tech savvy person and didn't have many specifics listed. I inquired further and I found out it's the 1.6 ghz model, with a 60 gig hd, and only 256 megs of ram. This computer is 2 years old and the reason he is selling this notebook is because he received a brand new one. I was wondering if you think it's worth my time to purchase this and resell it elsewhere?

That's crazy that a friend of mine is being offered the exact same model for $300. She thinks it might be HOT, so I told her to steer clear.

This should have been posted in General Computer Related Discussion instead of GD. I moved it for you this time. Remember, a laptop is a computer

Don't be silly, it's a *laptop* not a computer ;).

Seems like a pretty good deal. I'd probably pick it up. I've got people asking me for cheap laptops allllll the time.

Sorry for posting it in the wrong section, mental lapse, but I think I might try making a quick buck if this is in fact a legitimate sale. I'll be sure to test it out before buying.

I didn't know facebook had a market place...

Better than craigslist :p
Well, if you live in a decent sized area. Especially if near a college or two. I sell all my non techy stuff on there. Furniture sells easy. I actually go to thrift stores and pick up end tables every once in awhile and put them on there.
College kids always need to furnish their new place.

Better than craigslist :p
Well, if you live in a decent sized area. Especially if near a college or two. I sell all my non techy stuff on there. Furniture sells easy. I actually go to thrift stores and pick up end tables every once in awhile and put them on there.
College kids always need to furnish their new place.

Alright, thanks man! Got a new place to vend...

Back