• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upcoming Wii Titles......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krome

Any Wii games that y'all are lQQking forward to?

I'm waiting for UPS to drop off my copy of FIFA08 today, which I pre-ordered through EA but was delayed because they didn't make enough discs @ launch.

Other titles....

Zelda Crossbow

Batallion Wars 2 [Rental]

Mario Kart Wii

Rygar [Rental]

Any MMORPG......

No More Heroes is the top of my list. Ahead of Mario Galaxy and even Brawl. I want it more than my next 5 minutes of oxygen. Why, Suda!? Why do you keep this game from me?! Ubisoft picked the title up for release in North America, so with a little luck we'll see it soon.

Project O also looks awesome, and I can't wait for it. It's like a cross between Pikmin, Harvest Moon and The Sims. Basically, you're a king, and you have to defend your kingdom. You can take groups of your people out into the wild to explore and kill baddies, have them make your castle and build the city etc. It looks really fun and very well designed. IIRC it's also being made by Grasshopper Manufacture (Suda's studio), and being published in Japan by Marvelous.

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 is supposed to be all kinds of alright according to one of the staff members at Destructoid. Tight controls (including a quickturn. Beat that, Samus!) and 32-player online with no friend codes via EA's network. Sometimes, EA does good work.

Of course, I'm looking forward to standard Nintendo faire which includes Galaxy, Brawl and Mario Kart, I'm just looking forward to those titles more.

That's funny. I'm looking more forward to 3rd party titles than I am Nintendo titles.

Is there any MMORPGs coming? It would be dope if they picked up FFXI, since the PS2 is keeping the graphics old-skool...

Mario Galaxy: It's been a while since I played a good platformer should be fun, looks great.

Brawl: Potentially fun, I'm starting to waver though...I just have this gut feeling that Nintendo will do a bad job with the online component and it will be nothing more than an update to Super Smash Melee, which was an update to the Smash Bros N64.

Fire Emblem: I was excited about a strategy RPG, I never played the earlier game but I heard it was good and I am a fan of the genre. Although ever since I learned this was a gamecube port and we're a year into the Wii's life my interest has also wanned, I'll wait for reviews on it.

Nights:I loved Nights for Saturn, and I was jumping for joy when news broke of a Wii Nights, although most of the media thats come out for it has looked bad, and the game has mostly looked like a graphics update not a sequel, the hands on reports have been positive, so again I'll wait for reviews.

Mario is really the only thing I know of in the Wii's future that I am pretty positive I'll drop money on. Honestly my Wii has seen more time being a gamecube than being a Wii.

Last edited:
Oh, and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core was recently released! Happy day! I was really looking forward to getting my hands on a good 2D fighting game again.

Well now that Okami is confirmed I'll probably buy it. I'd be a lot more interested Geometry Wars if it was a download. Anyone know if this game is going to be full price since it's on disc?

Well now that Okami is confirmed I'll probably buy it. I'd be a lot more interested Geometry Wars if it was a download. Anyone know if this game is going to be full price since it's on disc?

If Geometry Wars: Galaxies is more than say, $30, I'm not touching it. The game was like $10 on XBLA and frankly, putting it on a DVD does not cost an extra $20. However, it does look great. I can only hope that more games like that come to the Wii (I'm looking at you, Every Day Shooter)

/nod If Okami is confirmed, then it looks like I'll be buying a Wii. :santa:

Finally got around to playing FIFA 08. It's actually really good. Neither my friend, or I had ever played before and we both just picked it up played a few matches.

I suggest that y'all give it a shot if you like soccer.

*I think that "Winning Eleven" is coming to the Wii as well, so that's probably gonna be a good one.

I'm just wondering how long Nintendo can go with no games...I mean people bash PS3 for not having any games...but at least they are getting some of the 3rd party games like sports and shooters even if arriving late. On the Wii side I actually forget I have a console that I can buy new releases for.

Back