• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Western Digital (MyBookWordEdition)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD'er

whatsup all, my 750 (WDMyBook) just got here and I'm tring to get it onto my network. I have plugged the drive directly into the router but it doesn't appear on the network. It is connect to a Linksys RV016 Router. All the other computers I can see on the network but this drive is not appearing at all.

Any suggestions will be great.

I would think you need to configure something in the router in order for it to be available on the network. Once the router is setup, then you would most likely need to map a network drive to connect to it. Check your router manual.

EDIT: Ok, I thought it was a USB drive connected to your router and being shared, but after looking up that router it appears this must be connected to the ethernet port on the drive. In that case, refer to the HD manual to see how to map the drive.

If you're just looking in My Network Places for the drive, you won't have much luck. My Network places is more of a "Look what I found last time I checked!" as far as what Windows will do automatically. Not reliable.

You may need to connect directly to the drive to configure it first (proper IP, naming, etc.) before you can just plug it in and go.

Like bchur83 said - check the manual.

My Bad, I suck...you have to sign in to the harddrive by typing \\mybookworld in the address bar to access the drive..I sat there typing "myworldbook" for about 2 hrs and even called the tech support before I walked away came back and saw what I was typing...

Everything works fine and its a pretty nice stand alone network device.
thanks for the suggestions

My Bad, I suck...you have to sign in to the harddrive by typing \\mybookworld in the address bar to access the drive..I sat there typing "myworldbook" for about 2 hrs and even called the tech support before I walked away came back and saw what I was typing...

Everything works fine and its a pretty nice stand alone network device.
thanks for the suggestions

Let us know how the performance is , I have been thinking about getting one.

Back