• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 900... 38mm front intake fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Max0r

Will 120x38mm fans fit in the front intake? High speed delta triblades on a 7v-12v controller... that would rock

lol, he means 120mm fans that are 38mm deep.

To answer your question, no they will not fit at stock, but with a bit of modding I'm sure you will get them in.

It would take A LOT of work. By the time you shoved the HDD bays back another 12mm I don't think an 8800 GTX/ULTRA would fit in the case either. Mine just barley fits now. The fans will mount on the bays and the bays can be pused back but getting the grills on the front will be difficult.

Whats wrong with the fans it came with ? I cant see needing more air flow than the tri-speed fans give on high... :confused: The case has so much air flow stock that Ive been able to take the fan off my U120e completely and I'm staying completely stable :beer:

Just remove the top HDD drive bay and youll fit an Ultra and a big fan in there, move the bottom one back a bit and put all the HDD's in there, or get a converter and put a HDD in one of the top 5.25 inch slots below the CD/DVD drive. simple.
I think the issue with the fans in the Antec is that when you turn them up onto high they are quite noisy, especially of you want to run it long term. Plus he may not like the blue LED lights in the fans so.....

Whats wrong with the fans it came with ? I cant see needing more air flow than the tri-speed fans give on high... :confused: The case has so much air flow stock that Ive been able to take the fan off my U120e completely and I'm staying completely stable :beer:

Correct.

Mainly I like the sound of multiple Delta Highspeed Triblades running at 7v, its a very soothing sound for me. You can consider me a sort of Delta Triblade fetishist if you will.

They will also reduce HDD temps compared to even high speed 25mm fans, even at 5-7v, though unless you're running the case in 90+ degree ambient, or some kind of superhot 15,000 RPM SCSI drives, this doesn't make 1 bit of practical difference.

Just remove the top HDD drive bay and youll fit an Ultra and a big fan in there, move the bottom one back a bit and put all the HDD's in there, or get a converter and put a HDD in one of the top 5.25 inch slots below the CD/DVD drive. simple.
I think the issue with the fans in the Antec is that when you turn them up onto high they are quite noisy, especially of you want to run it long term. Plus he may not like the blue LED lights in the fans so.....

Ahh, but what's the point if I don't get to put them in front of the HDDs? ;) I actually like LEDs and noise just fine =)

Recently had a 900 shipped in for a friend's build. Haven't poked around with it too much yet, but it's very nice. The black painted blue LED fans are sexy, and that huge top fan is insane :)

Back