• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2900pro and its power reqs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteveLord

I've heard a few mixed opinions about how this thing will do.

I have the longtime legendary OCZ Powerstream 520 for 2.5 years now. Will it be enough for stock speeds for this baby? 33a on the 12v.

Thanks.

PS. I have a Q6600 on the way which will go in the system and will be destined to hit 3ghz at a minimum also.

I've heard a few mixed opinions about how this thing will do.

I have the longtime legendary OCZ Powerstream 520 for 2.5 years now. Will it be enough for stock speeds for this baby? 33a on the 12v.

Thanks.

PS. I have a Q6600 on the way which will go in the system and will be destined to hit 3ghz at a minimum also.

Haha, I have the same PSU and it's been about 3-4 years for me now! I don't think you should have a problem powering that system with it as 520W should be plenty as long as you don't plan on going with crossfire. :)

No crossfire. Not my thing. But I would like to hop on the bandwagon and get this baby to XT speeds.

Back