• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alternatives to attaching vmemory heatsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neonlazer

I got the MCW8800 heatsinks and whatnot..and after taking off the paste and what not since i know it wont stick...i put them on using Ceramique...since i had it lying around...every now and then one falls off the video card while its running...im wondering what would be better to use to keep it on...would AS5 work better?...or possibly try the AS5 + superglue rumor...and how would i do that if i did lol

I got the MCW8800 heatsinks and whatnot..and after taking off the paste and what not since i know it wont stick...i put them on using Ceramique...since i had it lying around...every now and then one falls off the video card while its running...im wondering what would be better to use to keep it on...would AS5 work better?...or possibly try the AS5 + superglue rumor...and how would i do that if i did lol

to hold ram sinks on that i dont have thermal tape for i first start by cleaning the ram with my rosonol (SUPER pure ligher fluid, it literally burns invisible, scarsy ****) n e ways that gets rid of ALL the stuff on the ram. After that i use a tiny ammount of as5 in the center of the ram, and a ITTY BITTY drop of crazy glue in each corner of 1 diagional of the ram sink (so 2 drops of crazy glue, one in each opposing corner)

Back