• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wifi + HDMI + low heat = ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Great Satchmo

Registered
I'm really not caught up in the computer world right now, I'm currently running an ASUS A7N8X-X with a Barton 2400+ OC'd to 2ghz (have been stable a 2.2 without a problem, just the fan is loud then).

Anyways, I'm looking to update. Basically the only thing I'm looking to carry over is my new hard drive (SATA II).

This is for an HTPC, although I am on a budget as much as I can be (poor college student).

What I'm looking for is an AMD board that has integrated WIFI and integrated HDMI (that carries sound as well). I don't particularly care about the form factor, price is really what talks here.

If there is a choice in it, a board that will support a *less* espensive CPU wouldn't hurt. I want to make it worth the $$$ to upgrade from my Barton, but I can't go spending that much money.

Help!

Oh ya, lower heat would be nice. I've heard/read something in passing about a lower electrical use CPU/mobo type?

Because this is for an HTPC, I want quiet as well as ability to stay cool if its in a relatively closed off area (media stand).

Back