• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No HD Output on 6800 Ultra Go

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Italidonian

I'm having problems getting my laptop (the one in my sig) to display any HD output. I'm using the Gigabyte component adapter that came with my 8800 GTX. When I go under the Nvidia Control panel and select "Choose HD format" (or something like that...I can't remember what it says ATM) it doesn't show the component cable type, only s-video and composite.

Is it the video card that isn't capable of displaying HD resolution, or is it the Gigabyte adapter? Will a DVI-HDMI or DVI-Component adapter allow me to display HD resolutions? The highest resolution I can select now for my TV (Sharp Aquos 37" 1080p) is 1024x768.

I know my TV is capable of displaying full 1080p because my PS3 runs at 1080p without a hitch.

Thanks in advance!

JamesXP, thanks for the quick response. From what I know, there's supposed to be a "Manage Custom Resolutions" tab in the Nvidia CP, but it doesn't appear on my computer...I'm running Vista 32-bit Ultimate with 165.01 drivers.

Back