• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia Drive issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolverine690

Man this weekend has been the weekend from hell, nothing but issues with my pc's after getting my new HD's & Video card for my main system & then moving the old stuff into the other one. Anyhow, I just had to reformat & reload windows XP on my main system again & just installed the same Nvidia drivers I did the other day, 163.71 & this time around the 3D App Settings option is not there, I thought maybe a bad install so uninstalled it & used driver cleaner pro and then went back downloaded a fresh version of the driver & reinstalled it, same thing.

I took a screen shot of the Nvidia panel thing, where the circle is there is usually where that option is. It does not show up in standard or advanced view or whatever it's called.

Anyone got any ideas? This is really bizzare...

Attachments

• Nvidia.JPG
    Nvidia.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 82
Go to "Define Custom View" and check everything. Hit OK and go to the "Custom View" selection.

Both those options can be found under the "View" menu. :D

Go to "Define Custom View" and check everything. Hit OK and go to the "Custom View" selection.

Both those options can be found under the "View" menu. :D

did that already & just tried it again for the heck of it doesn't help...my 3D options menu is gone. btw my view menu isn't even there nor is it in the define custom view thing.

Try installing a previous driver, I had an issue similar to that except it was the forceware drivers...

Try installing a previous driver, I had an issue similar to that except it was the forceware drivers...

working on that now but now I'm having an issue with my USB devices which my mouse & keyboard are after I install the NForce drivers...:bang head

I don't know wtf is going on everything was fine when I installed these same drivers the other day, then Vista had to go & distroy my XP side...*sigh*

Anyhow I installed the same video drivers on my other pc with my old 7900 card & it works fine the 3D menu is there.

:mad::bang head

I'm at my wits end this is really getting me tee'd off...

tried older drivers same damn issue...I'm just going to format it again...maybe something in XP botched.... if not then I'm going to tie it to the back of my truck & go speeding down the highway with it....:bang head:shrug:

It may be registry settings that are missing. Try adding a DWORD value of "SedonaDisable"=2 in the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies

After doing that, you can choose Classic from the View menu in the new NV control panel, then restart the control panel.

Or if you can, import the nvdia cpl settings from another computer to use the new type panel.

I got it fixed, just formated it over again, though I'm kinda bummed b/c I lost all my progress I made on Bioshock. :(

Back