• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a good INTEL mobo fast!! Please take a quick sec to help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
My gigabyte p35c ds3r is dead for some odd reason. I don't have the time to wait for RMA to process, so I'm gonna just go all out and say that $$ is NOT an issue for me right now. I will buy whatever is BEST.

P35 or X38, and if so which one?
SLI or CrossFire is probably something I'll never have interest for, but with that said I do have an 8800GTX.
And... board HAS to have Intel Matrix raid - ICH9R.
MUST be DDR2, not DDR3.

THE LINKS BELOW ARE NOT WHAT I'M STUCK TO, SO PLEASE MAKE SUGGESTIONS TO ANYTHING! :)

Here is the P35 I was looking at:
DFI LP UT P35 T2R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Here is the X38 I was looking at:
ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA / SE LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail (this SOUNDS better than the P5E, lol)

GIGABYTE GA-X38-DQ6 LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Ultra Durable 2, Ultra Cooling Intel Motherboard - Retail

I want to order from newegg b/c their ground shipping always takes 1 business day to me.

Please - help me quick. Thanks so much!!!

I hear good things about the DFI.

However I can't say anything bad about the P5K Deluxe either. Abit Ip35 Pro's are also kickass.

go P35.

asus or abit

abit ip35 pro: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127030
asus p5k deluxe: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131182

both are great from everything i've read.

i've also heard good things about both, but I want THE BEST OF THE BEST, so whichever it is...

I hear good things about the DFI.

However I can't say anything bad about the P5K Deluxe either. Abit Ip35 Pro's are also kickass.

I may have to rule out the ip35 pro b/c that one's not going out of the NJ warehouse at newegg... i can always pay the premium overnight, though, so if it's truly the best choice i'll take it... but again... i want the BEST! lol

I responded in your other thread but I might as well put it here for the sake of on topic discussions. :)

X38 is still pretty expensive but it sure seems nice if you can shell out the money. What are you looking to spend on a board? The Asus P5K-D has been great for me. Although, I'm pretty sure the Premium has better voltage regulation. If you want to go cheaper the P5K-E is a great choice too and has the ICH9R southbridge. I've done 2 builds with that board and after the learning curve of RAID it installed pretty painlessly.

Check the AOL IM I just sent you, Garo.

If you want the best right now then I think the P5K Deluxe is your option.

I responded in your other thread but I might as well put it here for the sake of on topic discussions. :)

ya sry about that i figured a specific thread would be more visible and proper.

Check the AOL IM I just sent you, Garo.

If you want the best right now then I think the P5K Deluxe is your option.

talking to you right now. thx bro.

===================================================

you guys don't like the dfi p35, or the asus x38 maximus? again, $$ is not an issue, but if x38 is NO BETTER and $100 more then i don't wanna waste that extra $100.

+1 for the DFI board Garo. Great voltage regulation from what I hear and a TON of BIOS options.. IF you can't get that, I'd highly recommend the Abit IP35 Pro. Thats what I have and I haven't been disappointed in the board at all :)

I'm happy you guys are saying DFI... I've been in love with them since my old s939 Ultra-D.

Now, remember, the DFI is p35 and not x38, so that's THE ONLY downside that I see now...

thx bro, but what's the advantage of the maximus over that board? b/c i was looking @ both.

i think the maximus just has dual lan and full x16 on both lanes (i don't care for crossfire or sli though)... and the maximus says it does ECC and non-ECC ram... i don't care about that, but i've NEVER heard of such a thing...

Last edited:
I would get the Maximus if going asus, why not it has a water block if you ever want to cool the NB but you dont have to. Has CF which you might not need but I think it would be easier to sell later if you wanted. DFI does look good though but I have not seen a ton of review. The Maximus works hands down, Asus is stupid in the way they design stuff but for overclocking they are tops. You dont see the highest clocked conroes on DFI boards or any other boards do you?

thx bro, but what's the advantage of the maximus over that board? b/c i was looking @ both.

i think the maximus just has dual lan and full x16 on both lanes (i don't care for crossfire or sli though)... and the maximus says it does ECC and non-ECC ram... i don't care about that, but i've NEVER heard of such a thing...
The P5E has full x16 as well. I'm guessing the only real difference is the fancy heatsink it's got.

Based on DFI's history, i'd assume that the P35-T2R is a great mobo and I doubt you'd regret buying it. In fact, you should buy it and then report back to us all with stats so we know how good it is. :)

i just reread some of the X38 reviews at anandtech, and they are more favorable than i remember. I thought they were saying it was no better than the P35, but it appears there are slight advantages to the X38. http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3098&p=9

i'd still vote for the DFI, though.

and, how did you check to see which warehouse the boards were sending from?

Based on DFI's history, i'd assume that the P35-T2R is a great mobo and I doubt you'd regret buying it. In fact, you should buy it and then report back to us all with stats so we know how good it is. :)

i just reread some of the X38 reviews at anandtech, and they are more favorable than i remember. I thought they were saying it was no better than the P35, but it appears there are slight advantages to the X38. http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3098&p=9

i'd still vote for the DFI, though.

and, how did you check to see which warehouse the boards were sending from?
I add to cart, go to checkout, fill out my CVV code on my card to get to final processing screen, and then there it'll say "estimated 1 business day"... that means it's going from NJ since I live in NY... or, it will just say "UPS 3 Day". That's how I know. :)

I would get the Maximus if going asus, why not it has a water block if you ever want to cool the NB but you dont have to. Has CF which you might not need but I think it would be easier to sell later if you wanted. DFI does look good though but I have not seen a ton of review. The Maximus works hands down, Asus is stupid in the way they design stuff but for overclocking they are tops. You dont see the highest clocked conroes on DFI boards or any other boards do you?

That's pretty awesome that it has a water block, although I JUST filled my loop and wouldn't want to take it apart again... plus, I think there's enough stress on my Bix2 rad from the CPU and 8800gtx.

Alright, so I'm down to ASUS P5k Premium or DFI T2R...

Back