• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4Gb's of RAM and Vista 32 bit.... I know, I know.... Quick question!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Diddy

If I were to addd 2 more Gigs of Ram to my 32bit Vista Ultimate, I know I would not be able to see all 4Gb and most likely only about 3.5. The question I have is this.

If I decided to add the 2 more Gigs, would those 2 also run in Dual Channel even though the whole 4 Gb's are not being seen? One thing I'm not sure about. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
yes things will run in dual channel, but as your video card has 640mb ram, you will only get about 3.3gb of usable system ram.

You have a quad core, stop being a wimp and go 64bit :)

Worried about driver support and gaming mostly. Heard 64-Bit still has some serious issues....

How about OCing with 64-bit? Any different then on a 32-bit OS???

Worried about driver support and gaming mostly. Heard 64-Bit still has some serious issues....

How about OCing with 64-bit? Any different then on a 32-bit OS???

Serious issues?..HA..i havent had a single issue with Windows XP Pro x64 Edition...Vista x64 on the other hand...:bday:(i play many many games on here..new and old..such as BF2/2142(both will come up with warning that they dont support 64bit OS' but screw Dice :) ), Crysis beta, cod4 demo, too many others to mention)

Overclocking has nothing to do with 32bit or 64bit..no difference

Back